Is there a workable paid access system

Started by yerg, September 18, 2005, 11:02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yerg

Finding a paid access system for a forum is like trying to find rocking horse s@!t .. virtually impossible.

I notice all sorts of comments about the same here but can make head nor tail as to whether it's all work in progress or is there a component/add on that allows for Paid Subscriptions via PayPal, WorldPay, NOCHEX and Authorize.net as standard procedure?

No offence meant to anyone but given the number of payment gateways and options for evey other community based toolset it amazes me that forums have been left behind.

Please put me out of my misery ... make my day and tell me I can ecommerce enable SMF. I'll crow from the rooftops.

xenovanis

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

yerg

I would gather from this thread that paid access is really in it's formative stages and that I could not rely on it in a commercial site/

Grudge

As it's still in development then yes, I would not rely on it for a commercial board right now.
I'm only a half geek really...

yerg

Drat .. ah well you win some ... have another one that is behind a paid access so I'll use this for that one ... makes for two diffenrent admins and look and feel to design.

Advertisement: