News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

upgrade PHP 5.1 -> 5.4.10 and mysql 5.1.66 -> 5.6.10

Started by adsl74, March 20, 2013, 04:03:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

adsl74

hi
i have trubles, my hoster upgrade soft in server  "PHP 5.1 -> 5.4.10     and mysql 5.1.66 -> 5.6.10" and after this is upgrading sorting section of the forum is broken,

in admin panel sorting is good,  but in  main page sorting is broken.

type table engine smf_boards not changed  and set "MyISAM".

sorry for my english.

Ricky.

What exactly you mean by problem in sorting ?
What issue you are facing in it ?

adsl74

sequence section of the forum is not the same to the order section of the forum in the admin panel

Ricky.

I believe more in seeing ..
Can mind sharing some screenshot ?

adsl74

http://images.l-type.net/images/64822ad_screen.jpg [nofollow]   it is  sequence section in admin panel

http://images.l-type.net/images/89038board_page.jpg [nofollow]  this is sequence section in main page .

sorry i`am  must hide forum text but in text, all ok.

Ricky.

Seriously, I can't make anything out of it, may you should go to language specific board.

adsl74

sorry for my terrible english :(

close this topic if you can, please.

Ricky.

May be someone can else understand and help you, I am not able to get what kind of sorting not working, and from your screenshot , I got more confused.

lc62003

You said the engine was MyISAM.  However I have to wonder if this will help you:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=293441.msg1935333#msg1935333

Scroll down to the Intermediate Improvements section, number 1 (converting tables to Innodb). 

There is a board order fix for the conversion using this MySQL:

ALTER TABLE `smf_boards` ADD UNIQUE KEY (`id_board`), DROP PRIMARY KEY, ADD PRIMARY KEY ( `board_order`, `id_board` ), ENGINE=InnoDB;

That works if you do convert.  I converted, performed that task, and have no problems.  ;)

butch2k

If you did not export with MySQL engine settings precised for each table, MySQL 5.6 will recreate them using the InnoDB engine (1 file per table) which is the default engine in this version. The solution above will correct the sorting order issue.

Note that PHP 5.4 might cause some other issues as well.

inter

I have the same problem
I think this topic should be moved to the forum errors and this error will face all who will have a new version of the database mysql 5.6
the error is in the wrong sort of categories
Thanks

You use this decision at own risk (possibly to eat more correct decision):
File:  ./Sources/Subs-BoardIndex.php
Line: 66
Find:

AND b.child_level BETWEEN ' . $boardIndexOptions['base_level'] . ' AND ' . ($boardIndexOptions['base_level'] + 1)),

Replace:
AND b.child_level BETWEEN ' . $boardIndexOptions['base_level'] . ' AND ' . ($boardIndexOptions['base_level'] + 1)) . ($boardIndexOptions['include_categories'] ? '
                ORDER BY c.cat_order ASC' : ''),

File:  ./Sources/Subs-MessageIndex.php
Line: 55
Find:

AND ', $where)),

Replace:
AND ', $where) . '
                ORDER BY c.cat_order ASC'),
Sorry for my English

adsl74

oh !!  it is works really !

thank you very much! you make my day.

Biology Forums

Quote from: Inter on March 21, 2013, 05:23:38 AM
I have the same problem
I think this topic should be moved to the forum errors and this error will face all who will have a new version of the database mysql 5.6
the error is in the wrong sort of categories
Thanks

You use this decision at own risk (possibly to eat more correct decision):
File:  ./Sources/Subs-BoardIndex.php
Line: 66
Find:

AND b.child_level BETWEEN ' . $boardIndexOptions['base_level'] . ' AND ' . ($boardIndexOptions['base_level'] + 1)),

Replace:
AND b.child_level BETWEEN ' . $boardIndexOptions['base_level'] . ' AND ' . ($boardIndexOptions['base_level'] + 1)) . ($boardIndexOptions['include_categories'] ? '
                ORDER BY c.cat_order ASC' : ''),

File:  ./Sources/Subs-MessageIndex.php
Line: 55
Find:

AND ', $where)),

Replace:
AND ', $where) . '
                ORDER BY c.cat_order ASC'),

Solved my problem ;)

tomreyn

And mine. This topic has been dormant for a year, I'm posting anyways since this should probably go into the next patch release.

Advertisement: