News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Missing "Last Edit"

Started by Trovaner, March 20, 2013, 07:15:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trovaner

Alright, I updated hxxp:gametechmods.com [nonactive] a week ago to 2.0.4 and noticed today that the "Last Edit" footer is missing from posts that are edited by the same user. For example, I can edit someone else's post and it will show up but the same is not true when I edit my own. This seems to be the case for everyone on my forum regardless of theme (even Curve).

None of the packages that I have installed are suppose to be causing this. Before the update, everything was working correctly with the packages that I have installed so I doubt that it is related to them.

The code in Display.template.php still says:

// Show "� Last Edit: Time by Person �" if this post was edited.
if ($settings['show_modify'] && !empty($message['modified']['name']))

Any ideas?

Sir Osis of Liver

The setting is enabled if other users see the edit message.

Just edited this post, and don't see the message.

Don't see it as Guest, either.

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Trovaner

As Krash. said, the setting is enabled.

Is it an issue with 2.0.4?

--edit by Kindred - test if the last edit line appears
--edit2 -- it does.

Kindred

hmmmm....   do you have a mod installed?

--edit... did it add a last edit line to this post?

--edit2 - interesting, it didn't....   odd.   I didn't think the devs made any changes to that section of code.

-- edit3????  (quick edit) Yup, there it is.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Sir Osis of Liver

I see the last edit message in Trovaner's post, but not my previous post (edited it twice).  Apparently 2.0.4 does not show the message if you edit your own post.  Don't see it on your post, Kindred.

- R. Waters

Sir Osis of Liver

Same for Guest. Only post with 'last edit' is Trovaner's (Reply #2).

edit:  Works fine on my 2.0.4 test forum.

- R. Waters

Sir Osis of Liver

Just edited a post in a different thread (here) and 'last edit' worked.   

edit:  wtf?

- R. Waters

Trovaner

It looks like it only shows the Last Edit message in your own posts if you go to the modify message page instead of using the edit in place option..

Kindred

no....  I used both the modify and the quick edit.

I think it has to do with the TIME...   I believe that our "courtesy edit time" might be set higher than the default.

edit - confirmed. See my post from yesterday, above...   the edit by kindred is now showing.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Trovaner

Maybe mine is also set too high....

Assuming that I am reading things correctly in Post.php, it is suppose to be 5 minutes after "$modSettings['edit_disable_time']". If this is the case, how do I modify the value of edit_disable_time?

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Kindred

that's what I linked to, Sabrinova....
Слaва
Украинi

Chalky

I realised that and deleted my post ;)

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: