News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Forum Stats in Info Center

Started by deagleclan, March 14, 2013, 10:39:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deagleclan

I've followed the direction below to disable Forum Stats in info center but unfortunately it's still there. I've checked it from multiple computer with but still there.

Permissions>(select the member group say Guests for example)>Untick View forum statistics

Can someone please guide me with something that works? or a way around it which can disable Forum Stats?

Thanks

shadow82x

When you untick 'View Forum Statistics' under permissions it disables showing the stat page. (index.php?action=stats)

If you wish to disable the stats in the info center globally you can go to: Admin => Current Theme => Show statistics on board index: untic

Scratch that, apparently that just moves the stats to the header for some odd reason. If you truely want to remove the board stats globally you can comment out or remove the following code bit in ../Themes/{your_theme}/Boardindex.template.php
<p>
', $context['common_stats']['total_posts'], ' ', $txt['posts_made'], ' ', $txt['in'], ' ', $context['common_stats']['total_topics'], ' ', $txt['topics'], ' ', $txt['by'], ' ', $context['common_stats']['total_members'], ' ', $txt['members'], '. ', !empty($settings['show_latest_member']) ? $txt['latest_member'] . ': <strong> ' . $context['common_stats']['latest_member']['link'] . '</strong>' : '', '<br />
', (!empty($context['latest_post']) ? $txt['latest_post'] . ': <strong>&quot;' . $context['latest_post']['link'] . '&quot;</strong>  ( ' . $context['latest_post']['time'] . ' )<br />' : ''), '
<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=recent">', $txt['recent_view'], '</a>', $context['show_stats'] ? '<br />
<a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=stats">' . $txt['more_stats'] . '</a>' : '', '
</p>';
Colin B
Former Spammer, Customize, & Support Team Member

deagleclan

Thanks Shadow82x, Just to make sure is it

Boardindex.template.php or index.template.php and is it in default theme or my forum current default theme?

my ftp url looks like this Themes/firerock2/ -- -- I only see index.template.php nothing boardindex.template.php

Thanks again

shadow82x

Hi there,
Are you positive there is no Boardindex.template.php for your 3rd party theme? If so, the file you will want to edit is ../Themes/default/Boardindex.template.php

When a template file is not found in a 3rd party theme, it falls back to the default theme.
Colin B

shadow82x

The easiest way is to just delete the code I mentioned above. You could just as easily readd the code if you change your mind. :)
Colin B

deagleclan

Thank You shadow, I was gonna modify the previous post but by accident I clicked removed.

Thanks for the great help sir, I've manage to remove the total member part by your help! cheers

Now another question, How can I add main home page instead of Forums showing up on the index.

Please advice and help on that.

Thanks

shadow82x

No problem. Do you mean like adding portal? If so there are a few mods you can check out like tinyportal, or simple portal that will essentially give you homepage.

eg - http://www.simpleportal.net/
Colin B

deagleclan

Thanks Shadow82x.

I've used SimplePortal, tried both simple and ez but for some reason I did not like them.

site looks great, much thanks to you.

shadow82x

No problem, enjoy your site. :) Did you end up using a portal software? If so which one?
Colin B

deagleclan

shadow82x. I'm using simple portal.  I also have a question in regards to that. how do I edit the title of simple portal as we did for the default theme? eg. url.com - Index

joinandroid.com if you click on the forums you can see that the title is edited but on the main home page its joinandroid.com - Index

ps: I hope by posting my url im not violating any policy.

shadow82x

You're not violating any policy by posting your URL for support purposes. In fact more people should do it as it helps explain issues better.

You can adjust the title in ../Themes/default/index.english.php
$txt['forum_index'] = '%1$s - Index';
Colin B

Kindred

or install the optimus brave mod which allows for a much deeper configuration setting of the page titles
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: