News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Help - My Site is Destroy

Started by lianpatogh, March 23, 2013, 09:32:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindred

hey, we actually agree on something. :)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

kat

Three of us. :)

******.. What IS the world coming to? ;)

Road Rash Jr.

Quote from: Suki on March 25, 2013, 02:54:15 PM
The product and support for that product are two separate entities, the license only covers the product, the license never states anything about services for that product.

The fact that SMF team has decided to apply certain rules within this site has no interference with the product. If the team suddenly decides to only offer support for those who live in Mars, it wouldn't change a thing in the software, the software would still be free under the current license.

The actual support for the product isn't licensed (nor restricted), that means everyone can offer support for the product and everyone can apply as many rules as they see fit.

You're absolutly right, there is no mention of  service or support for the product so why is there any mention at all about denial of service? Seems to me the policy should be re-written to be clear, removal of copyright is not allowed. Period.

@Arantor - my comment was generally to Suki but if you think it applies specifically to you I have no control over that. To take a specific point of view and generalize it as my opinion of you (what ever you might think it is) is a stretch.
Never argue with an Idiot like myself, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Arantor

Quote@Arantor - my comment was generally to Suki but if you think it applies specifically to you I have no control over that.

Of course it does, since I explicitly stand up and agree with - and defend, and enforce - the policy. Therefore I must fall under your definition, or is it like other of your arguments, twisted to suit the occasion?

mashby

Removal is completely allowed. If you're smart enough to do that, you're smart enough to support your own site. It's really that simple.
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

Road Rash Jr.

Quote from: Arantor on March 25, 2013, 11:32:39 PM
Quote@Arantor - my comment was generally to Suki but if you think it applies specifically to you I have no control over that.

Of course it does, since I explicitly stand up and agree with - and defend, and enforce - the policy. Therefore I must fall under your definition, or is it like other of your arguments, twisted to suit the occasion?

Well in that case my opinion in this case would apply to you. IMO if anything is twisted here it is the reasoning behind denying service or support. 
Never argue with an Idiot like myself, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Arantor

That's because you're not a content creator, you're a content consumer. If you made something and gave it away for free, you'd hope that they'd at least give you a bit of credit, wouldn't you?

Or would you really be happy with people taking credit for your work?

Road Rash Jr.

Quote from: Arantor on March 25, 2013, 11:46:05 PM
That's because you're not a content creator, you're a content consumer. If you made something and gave it away for free, you'd hope that they'd at least give you a bit of credit, wouldn't you?
Yes I would
Or would you really be happy with people taking credit for your work?
Now that's twisting it, I have not implied nor infered this anywhere in my statements, comments or opinion.

Arantor

QuoteYes I would

And that's what we're asking for. If you want something from us (support), it's only fair to give credit for the software, yes?

QuoteNow that's twisting it, I have not implied nor infered this anywhere in my statements, comments or opinion.

Oh, but you have. If it's two-faced to demand credit for work and to deny support when no such credit is forthcoming, how is it twisting it? It is merely the boiled down version of what is going on here.

In almost every case, the credit is replaced with something else.

lianpatogh

Well, now that I've returned Copyright,Can I use part of the support or not?

kat

Kindred

Although, considering how far this topic has been derailed, I would suggest opening a new support topic with a CLEAR explanation of what the problem is (especially since your site is obviously not destroyed)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Suki

Quote from: Road Rash on March 25, 2013, 11:30:39 PM
Quote from: Suki on March 25, 2013, 02:54:15 PM
The product and support for that product are two separate entities, the license only covers the product, the license never states anything about services for that product.

The fact that SMF team has decided to apply certain rules within this site has no interference with the product. If the team suddenly decides to only offer support for those who live in Mars, it wouldn't change a thing in the software, the software would still be free under the current license.

The actual support for the product isn't licensed (nor restricted), that means everyone can offer support for the product and everyone can apply as many rules as they see fit.

You're absolutly right, there is no mention of  service or support for the product so why is there any mention at all about denial of service? Seems to me the policy should be re-written to be clear, removal of copyright is not allowed. Period.

Again, you just love to be drowned in a glass of water (or you just enjoy posting and rock the boat). Legally speaking, there is no benefit/option/restriction/denial of service or whatever you want to call it. The license doesn't explicitly says you can remove the copyright, it says you can alter/remove/modify any line of code within the product, the only lines you cannot modify are clearly stated on the license. As long as you comply with the license, you can do whatever the hell you want with the product, this is what open source means.

The denial of service as you called, is a set of rules enforced on a private forum by individuals that don't hold any legal power to completely denial support at any level (at least not yet). Again, support for the product is no where licensed or otherwise legally restricted. The SMF team inference ends up the moment you go away from this site, whatever rules they apply, only applies on this site and/or individuals offering support on this site.

The denial of service is hilarious, the product's license doesn't cover it. Please stop mixing the product's license with some rules on a private forum. Two completely separated and different things altogether.

I'm sorry but I find it utterly hilarious when I see someone trying to fight rules on a private forum, this is a private forum, whatever you think or whatever your morals are means absolutely nothing, you don't have voice here, you don't have any opinion here, you don't exists here. And by been here and posting here you comply with all of that. Period.

Now, this is only a small drop of water in an immense, huge sea, thats why I find it ridiculous when I see someone complaining about restrictions. Looks utterly funny to see someone trying so desperately to fit in a tiny hole when there is a huge door next to it, perhaps its not even a door but a huge open terrain with no doors at all. Are people that blind?

If you want to keep fighting the system for the sake of fighting the system then be my guest, we all drama queens have been there, some of us even had solid ground for fighting, but I will strongly suggest you to pick some other battlefront, this one really is a joke. But we all know you are aware of that already and you just want to post to see who gets carried away so, as much laughs I'm having with your quixotic fights, I'm gonna take off, I already explained the license.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

lianpatogh

Anybody did not answer me
I've returned to SMF Copyright
Can I use part of SMF Support? Or not?

Gaz-uk

They said yes if you look up !!  but make a new topic so its clear

Storman™

QuoteAlthough, considering how far this topic has been derailed, I would suggest opening a new support topic with a CLEAR explanation of what the problem is (especially since your site is obviously not destroyed)

Your site seems to be working at the moment so it certainly isn't "destroyed".

Start a new topic and make it clear what the issue is.

kat

Quote from: lianpatogh on March 27, 2013, 03:26:57 AM
Anybody did not answer me
I've returned to SMF Copyright
Can I use part of SMF Support? Or not?
Quote from: K@ on March 26, 2013, 07:56:08 AM
You have. :) (Thankyou)

You can. :)

Advertisement: