News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

U2U problem

Started by goran, March 23, 2013, 02:18:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goran

Thank you but I have solved this by installing new forum, changed settings to point the forum to old database and renamed folder from new to old forum folder.

Everything work fine just attachments not. I have copied attachment folder from old to new forum and I have changed attachment setting but it does not work. If I don't change attachment settings ..... in that case location of attachment in settings is folder on the old forum ... it works. So how can this attachment folder can be copied to another forum? What I didn't done but I should?

Kindred

"does not work" is a basically useless statement.

HOW does it not work? Do you get an error message? If so, what?
Check your error logs (SMF and server)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

kat

If the attachments aren't in the database, as it were, copying all the files over won't make the database see those files.

The references to the attachments are in the new database, but not in the old one (If I've correctly understood what it that you've done, that is)

goran

If in settings attachments are in directory /home/caravani/public_html/forum-old/attachments than I get:

if attachments are in directory /home/caravani/public_html/forum-new/attachments than I get:

I have copied the whole attachment directory from an old to the new forum ......

goran

And of course I have also copied table attachment from an old database to the new one ..... and almost all other tables......  boards, categories, posts, PM ..... are OK, attachment are not OK as you can see.

goran

I am a little confused :) This is not correct: Thank you but I have solved this by installing new forum, changed settings to point the forum to old database and renamed folder from new to old forum folder.

Correct is: I have installed new forum than I have copied tables from an old database to the new one!

Advertisement: