News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

delete spam users quickly

Started by sarhad12, March 24, 2013, 04:07:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sarhad12

Hi i have over 1800 spam user accounts how is it quickest way to delete them and they all have 0 posts.

Sir Osis of Liver

You can delete all 0 post members by running a db query with phpmyadmin:

DELETE FROM smf_members WHERE posts = 0;

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

kat

Just curious...

If they've made no posts, how do you know they're Spamtards?

Have they activated their accounts?

If not, go to Forum Maintenance>Members>Remove Inactive Members and you can remove those that haven't activated.

Otherwise, it's down to what Krash suggested.

Kindred

Krash...   that is a **BAD** idea.

It is a very bad idea to be doing direct database edits for things which cross multiple tables, like members and posts....
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

kat

No other quick way, though, is there? Or, is there?

Kindred

increase the "number per page" to a large number, select moderation by checkbox and then use the memberlist from the smf admin to select and delete by the hundreds..

And even if there was no way...   that doesn't make doing it in sql any better an idea...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

sarhad12

Quote from: Kindred on March 24, 2013, 04:38:56 PM
increase the "number per page" to a large number, select moderation by checkbox and then use the memberlist from the smf admin to select and delete by the hundreds..

And even if there was no way...   that doesn't make doing it in sql any better an idea...

Thanks everyone but this was the easiest and best idea thanks alot it worked like charm

kat

Not something I'm very familiar with, Kindred, hence my question.

Ta, for that! :)

Advertisement: