News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Topic Timestamp is dodgy

Started by hammock, March 27, 2013, 11:03:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hammock

All topics with 'Today' as the date seems to be working but anything that is not posted on todays date says 'Time Format'

Here is a picture http://gyazo.com/a3bcc02bb76c2d8c794f501fc10a0e0c [nofollow]

I am using GamerZ theme, everything works great on it except that, the theme is not by SMF but by a Portuguese fourm.

I do not speak Portuguese so I thought i'd see if anyone here knows how to fix it.

Thanks.

kat

Admin>Features and options>General.

What do you have in the box marked "Default time format"?

Does the thing show, correctly, if you use the SMF default theme?

hammock

Quote from: K@ on March 27, 2013, 11:16:57 AM
Admin>Features and options>General.

What do you have in the box marked "Default time format"?

Does the thing show, correctly, if you use the SMF default theme?

Time format is set as: %B %d, %Y, %I:%M:%S %p

kat

Quote from: K@ on March 27, 2013, 11:16:57 AMDoes the thing show, correctly, if you use the SMF default theme?

hammock

Quote from: K@ on March 27, 2013, 11:55:46 AM
Quote from: K@ on March 27, 2013, 11:16:57 AMDoes the thing show, correctly, if you use the SMF default theme?

Nope it is also also like it on the actual creator of the themes site, So no point asking them.

Kindred

Quote from: hammock on March 27, 2013, 12:03:47 PM
Nope it is also also like it on the actual creator of the themes site, So no point asking them.

What?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

hammock

Quote from: Kindred on March 27, 2013, 12:22:04 PM
Quote from: hammock on March 27, 2013, 12:03:47 PM

What?

Whoops, Got my brother to right that, was in bath.
What he was supposed to say was, No the error is still occuring, It is also like it on the Creators site (you can test the themes, it says Time Format), so no point asking them for help as it is like it for them.

I've decided to use another theme for the mean time, I quite like that theme so it'll be a shame if it doesn't work.

kat

It happens with the default theme, too then?

Kindred

I don't think that you answered the actual question.

Does this error occur when using the DEFAULT SMF THEME (aka Curve)? Not your site's default, but the theme labeled "default" in your installation.....

And, if it is a problem with a theme, then you need ot address it in the support topic for that individual theme (or, as you have noted, install a different theme)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

kat

A hunch...

Is this happening for everybody? Or, is it just you?

Have a look at your profile>Look and layout>Time Format:

Set it to "Forum default" and see what happens. If not, try one of the other options, there.

hammock

Oh, other themes work.

Thought you was on about the 'default Time Format'

I would use the support topic for the theme in question but it's from a Portuguese forum.. It's impossible to navigate let alone what it means.

WOW The verification code is ALL ways saying it is wrong.. 5th attempt and hopefully it posts.

kat

That thing's pathetic. I don't know why they persist in having it, here. It goes after ten posts, though.

If we could get hold of the theme, we might have a chance of helping you, I guess.

Kindred

So the theme is not even from our customization site?
Well, that explains it then...    we review themes which are uploaded here and there is an english support topics for each and every one of those themes...   However, we can't even begin to support themes which are not submitted here.

BTW: CPATCHA goes away after 10 posts
Слaва
Украинi

hammock

Quote from: K@ on March 27, 2013, 12:39:50 PM
A hunch...

Is this happening for everybody? Or, is it just you?

Have a look at your profile>Look and layout>Time Format:

Set it to "Forum default" and see what happens. If not, try one of the other options, there.

Yes, I have not changed ANY settings I simply installed an additional theme and BOOM it says that for any past Dates.

Dream Portal's Shoutbox's dates work.

Topic View doesn't work properly 'Time Format' however todays posts are fine,

and the same on Dream-Portal, the recent topics are either Today at so and so, or Time Format.

If i'm not making sense, don't worry about it i'll use another theme.

hammock

Quote from: K@ on March 27, 2013, 12:48:35 PM
That thing's pathetic. I don't know why they persist in having it, here. It goes after ten posts, though.

If we could get hold of the theme, we might have a chance of helping you, I guess.

This is the theme, http://smfhispano.net/index.php?topic=464.0 [nofollow]

kat

CSS 3

I wonder if that's a problem...?

I don't see a download link, there. :(

hammock

Quote from: K@ on March 27, 2013, 01:03:31 PM
CSS 3

I wonder if that's a problem...?

I don't see a download link, there. :(

you have to be signed in, i used http://www.bing.com/translator [nofollow] to translate it.

Sorry if you saw the move link, I clicked paste in the URL bar thinking I copied.

kat

Quote from: hammock on March 27, 2013, 01:08:25 PMyou have to be signed in

Not a lot that we can do, then, I'm afraid. :(

Chalky

Diego Andres put the (rather funky) Gamerz theme on this site too.  Try asking him for help in the support topic here http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=499567.0  ;)

Advertisement: