News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Hide non-post based groups titles

Started by KaienSP, March 29, 2013, 12:16:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

Quoteremove the first one and trash the forum, so it's reasonably idiot-proof.

Given how often it has actually happened... it's not that idiot proof. And it's possible to screw up in other ways even if you don't delete it. All you need to do is create a situation where there is no post count group for a user to go into (e.g. only one group remaining, but its minimum post count is > 0 and at least one user has less posts than that)

* Arantor wonders if you know what happens in that situation... it ain't pretty.

Sir Osis of Liver

Don't see any way to do it.  No option for 'Required posts' in the '0' post group, so you can't change it, and you can't delete it, so there's always a '0' post group.

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Arantor

Trust me, there isn't 'always'. I've investigated at least a dozen - and there's been probably 100 reports of it in the last couple of years that I'm aware of.

Kindred

you would think that you can't do it... but I've seen people be incredibly inventive when it comes to finding was to screw things up...

The most common was to muck it up it is to try a direct database edit, when they see that the option isn't visible in the zero count group...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: