News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Forum Section of Admin Has a White Screen

Started by Insomnia1234, April 15, 2013, 03:57:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Insomnia1234

Hello everyone, I apologize in advance if this is the wrong section but I recently transferred hosts.

I went from Godaddy to Bluehost recently and I needed to move the forums to bluehost. I had to export and re-import the mysql. There were a few minor error initially like people being in the wrong usergroup but that was easily resolved. Everything works with the exception of going into the admin area > forum > then boards.

Everything else in the admin area works fine just this area when loaded up brings up a whitescreen. Prior to the move everything on the old host worked fine as well so I'm assuming that there is some sort of error with this particular area and was wondering what are the necessary steps in order to fix it.

Again I apologize in advance if this is in the wrong section and appreciate any help I can get Thanks!

Insomnia1234

Quote from: K@ on April 15, 2013, 04:48:27 PM
Ta-Da!

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=499374.0

I bet it's that stooooopid "mod_security" thing.

Appreciate the quick response and the friendly welcome ^^.

I changed the htacess in the forums to include

<IfModule mod_security.c>
# Turn off mod_security filtering.  SMF is a big boy, it doesn't need its hands held.
SecFilterEngine Off

# The below probably isn't needed, but better safe than sorry.
SecFilterScanPOST Off
</IfModule>

As this post instructed http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=34270.0

Still no dice a white screen comes up when I click that area. Is there any other methods of repairing this? I'd do a clean install but we have about 2000 people on the forums

Insomnia1234

Ah it seems that the pretty URL was the culprit after uninstalling it we can access it seems I'll keep you updated though on how everything goes and I greatly appreciate the help.

kat

No sweat, mate!

That mod's a pain in the arse, if truth be known... :(

Advertisement: