Forum messed up

Started by Man U Walk, March 31, 2013, 03:04:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Man U Walk

I go to load my site, and this appears: http://i1121.photobucket.com/albums/l516/manuwalk/EB7669CC-904E-4906-9825-DE334AAA5655-472-000001802107D5AA_zps04c59dd1.jpg [nofollow]

Please help.

My site: http://spongegod.tk/index.php [nofollow]

My host isn't doing ******all about it and they told me to contact the software developers.

kat

Did you do anything, just before this started happening?

Installed a mod, or anything?

Silly question... Do you have a recent backup?

Oldiesmann

When I visit the site as a guest, I get a database error message, so I suggest figuring that out first.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Man U Walk

Quote from: K@ on March 31, 2013, 03:11:09 PM
Did you do anything, just before this started happening?

Installed a mod, or anything?

Silly question... Do you have a recent backup?
I installed menu editor lite, and I think that gave me the error, but once I removed it again, I still had the error. :/

And I don't have a backup.

kat

Biology Forums

Your problem lies in main.php, as the error suggests. Your forum is not broken, just a major coding error somewhere. If you have the mod information, you can easily *unparse* it.

Man U Walk

Quote from: Liam_michael on March 31, 2013, 03:39:45 PM
Your problem lies in main.php, as the error suggests. Your forum is not broken, just a major coding error somewhere. If you have the mod information, you can easily *unparse* it.
How do I do that?

And K@, I already removed all my mods hoping it would work, but still got the error.

kat

Try going to your site's CPanel>Databases>MySQL® Databases and repairing the database.

Man U Walk

Quote from: K@ on March 31, 2013, 03:45:07 PM
Try going to your site's CPanel>Databases>MySQL® Databases and repairing the database.
Done. It said everything was OK... But it isn't...

kat

Quote from: Man U Walk on March 31, 2013, 03:27:39 PMI removed it again

How did you do that? Did you delete it, or uninstall it?

Man U Walk

Quote from: K@ on March 31, 2013, 03:57:46 PM
Quote from: Man U Walk on March 31, 2013, 03:27:39 PMI removed it again

How did you do that? Did you delete it, or uninstall it?
I had to delete it using the cp because I can't access the site due to some stupid database error.

Kindred

right....  and DELETING the mod file has now put you ins a bad condition...
because deleting the mod package does NOT uninstall it.

So, now you have mods installed without having the mod file to review on how to manually uninstall it.

Go to the mod site here...  go to the mod page, click manual parse and then do those steps in reverse to MANUALLY remove the mod.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Man U Walk

Quote from: K@ on March 31, 2013, 04:03:31 PM
Have you tried this, as yet?

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=400356.0
There are no files in the backup folder, plus I don't want anymore mods installed. I just want this database error sorted, because I wouldn't want to have to remake my entire site again due to some dumbass database.

kat

In that case, Kindred's suggestion's probably the best way to go.

Quote from: Kindred on March 31, 2013, 04:02:45 PMGo to the mod site here...  go to the mod page, click manual parse and then do those steps in reverse to MANUALLY remove the mod.

Shambles

I'd be tempted to ftp the mod package back to the server, then use the uninstall option from within the package manager.

kat

Good finkin', if he can actually get into the forum. I don't think he can, though. :(

Man U Walk

This is confusing, I don't understand, and I really don't want to loose all my files, but I guess I'll just have to start from scratch...

kat

You could do this. But, you WILL lose all your mods. They'll still be in "Packages". They'll just need to be reapplied.

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/How_to_upload_a_fresh_set_of_files

Trouble is, I'm not 100% sure it'll even fix the error. "Database error" isn't terribly helpful, I'm afraid.

Anything relevant in the server server logs?

Colin

That is tough Man U Walk,

If you get stuck and want a hand I would be happy to take a look at the configuration for you.
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

Advertisement: