News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

error uploading images

Started by Sabrewulv, April 02, 2013, 07:13:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabrewulv

We have recently had an issue when any of our members try upload an image to our 2.0.4 board. The uploaded image does not show when image tags are used. But if a direct link is used it works fine.

I attached a screen shot of what happens when image tags where used.

The white square is the image I uploaded. Just a normal jpg file.

Chalky

Do I understand correctly that you´re trying to display uploaded images using [img] tags?  Please can you show us an example of what you´re putting inside the tags?

Kindred

you can only display images by URL in the IMG BBC tag
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Sabrewulv

Uploading images has worked before.

this is an example it was the image I uploaded to take the screen shot. And yet all it shows is a white square. Any uploaded images using

[IMG] tags have same problem.

Kindred

oh... you are using the wysiwyg, aren't you?

AFAIK, you can not "upload" images directly to the forum (unless you have one of the gallery mods)
You can copy/paste the image URL into the post, between IMG tags
or you can copy/paste an image from a URL into the WYSIWYG (which attempts to determine the URL and put it into IMG tags)

there is no option in SMF base forum to upload an image directly into a post....
Unless you are talking about attachments?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Sabrewulv

The image i put in is from my own photobucket account. It gives me an image code that I would put into my post on our forums. It used to display the image now it doesn't.

Attachments work fine. Just not IMG tags

Chalky

Ok, glad you're not trying to attach images using the img tags ;)  What about this "code" that Photobucket "gives you" for the image?  Is it an html embed code, because that won't work unless you're admin and use it between html tags.  The img tags expect only a simple image url found by right-clicking on the image and selecting "Copy image URL" or similar.

Arantor

QuoteWhat about this "code" that Photobucket "gives you" for the image?

Actually, IIRC it actually offers you both an HTML embed and an img tag embed.

Chalky

I'm not familiar with Photobucket.  I uploaded a few pictures there about four years ago to use on a forum that had attachments disabled, but I've never used it since - I wouldn't even know my login, though they've probably deleted my account for inactivity  O:)

Sabrewulv

Our forums only has this problem for a day or 2 most. This has never been an issue before. Is there any way to fix this.

The images all work on other smf forums, this one included.

kat

Just curious, here...

The image that you're tying to post, there. Can you try it, here, just to see if it works?

If it doesn't work, it might give us a clue, or two.

Another question... Did you do anything, just before this problem started manifesting itself?

Added a mod? Edited some file? That kinda thing.

Sabrewulv

The one I wanted to test is this one

and you can see it works.

The only mod we installed was the one to add another button to menu bar, but we had the problem before that. As far as I am aware no files were edited. I am the only admin on the board that uses the admin area.

kat

Worth checking, this...

You'd think this'd be under "Posts and topics", really...

Admin>Features and options>Layout.

What do you have "Max width of posted pictures (0 = disable)" and "Max height of posted pictures (0 = disable)" set at?

Sabrewulv

Both are set at 0 I don't think that was ever changed. May be wrong though. Is it meant to be that way  ???

kat

Yeah, "0" is "Unrestricted", up to a point.

This is baffling...

Smaller images are working OK?

Chalky

Can you just humour me for a minute and go to Admin > Posts and Topics > Bulletin Board Code and make sure img is checked?

Sabrewulv

No images are working at all. And yes img is ticked Sabrinova. I have no clue as to whats happened.

kat

OK... That thing that you get, where the image should appear...

If you right-click, select "Save image as" and paste that, somewhere, what do you get?

As guests, can we see the post where this is happening?

Sabrewulv

I will try that and let you know. Yes Guests can see our forums. I will make a post and let you know the link.

kat

Advertisement: