News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Why is the forum slow

Started by rongup, September 20, 2005, 01:37:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rongup

can anyone help me
I am new to this.I started the forum but i feel it is quite slow
the link is www.efninc.co.nr

Captain_Morrigan

I went to your link and I don't think the forum loads slow at all. On first load the redirect that you use makes it seem slower than it should. Why does your site redirect to the forum instead of going straight to it if that's what you are going to do?

Also, I don't know if you are the main poster on that site but I read a post about Yahoo versus Google and I don't think you realize that Google owns Yahoo and has for many years. If it's not you I'd point that out to whoever posted that in your board.

rongup

Quote from: Captain_Morrigan on September 20, 2005, 01:42:48 AM

Also, I don't know if you are the main poster on that site but I read a post about Yahoo versus Google and I don't think you realize that Google owns Yahoo and has for many years. If it's not you I'd point that out to whoever posted that in your board.

Are you talking serious that Google Inc. Owns Yahoo Inc.  :o
Please Reply

Oldiesmann

Google does not own Yahoo. That's by far the strangest thing I've ever heard.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

H

Quote from: Captain_Morrigan on September 20, 2005, 01:42:48 AM
I went to your link and I don't think the forum loads slow at all. On first load the redirect that you use makes it seem slower than it should. Why does your site redirect to the forum instead of going straight to it if that's what you are going to do?

Yahoo! results used to be powered by Google.

However they now run their own results.

Google doesnt own Yahoo! (why would they want two search engines?)
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

Captain_Morrigan

For the name, I'll find the articles about it and post about it later. It's been a while so they'll be harder to find.

Thunderace

I wouldn't bother ... google never owned yahoo I think you've been mislead or misinterpreted "who uses who's search results"

[Unknown]

Your forum is too small for it to be you, for the most part...

-[Unknown]

rongup

Can someone tell me how to se gzip and will it be compatible with Siteburg. I saw it during installation but did not opt for it then as i was unaware that it helps in speeding up.

[Unknown]

You can change it with repair_settings.php.  What is repair_settings.php?

And, I made a typo in my above post, which I've corrected.

When is it slow?  Use the [time] tag - [time]now[/time] = September 21, 2005, 03:35:44 AM.

-[Unknown]

rongup

Do you mean that compressed output that requires zLib. I tried that and the site stopped working.

What is this time tag and where to use it .
Also this forum shows the time taken to create the page at the bottom please tell me how to do that

Thanks

rongup

Please tele how to enable gZip

Ben_S

Check the box for output compression in edit features and options.
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

Advertisement: