News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Would like to be able to hide email from Members.

Started by -Juliana-, April 10, 2013, 03:39:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-Juliana-

The biggest complaint I have is that members can view other members email personal email addresses, I have checked everything I know to Not allow it, and the can still see it.

Is there a way to have an option of a box in account settings to allow users the option to hide their email from other members on the board?
That would fix this problem.

~Jules

kat

I don't believe there is and I believe it's a failing. It has to be done in your Profile>Account settings>Allow users to email me.

I believe that they should be hidden, by default.

-Juliana-

I agree with you, not to have that option is a failing. I'd like to see a simple mod to correct that if it is possible and I have looked, multiple times and tried different things to fix the problem.

I will let users know, your suggestion. Thank you.

kat

One thing I've just been reminded of...

Admin>Security and moderation.

UNCHECK "Allow viewable email addresses". That should do it for all members.

-Juliana-

I've triple checked that to make sure it has been unchecked I don't how many times. It is unchecked, and has remained so. Do you think its a bug?

-Juliana-

Nope I just created a tester account. Looks like all is in order. I am glad to have this fixed. Thank you for your help.

~Jules

Advertisement: