News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF 1.1 Release Candidate 1 has been released!

Started by Compuart, September 20, 2005, 10:41:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deaks

simple in each release things changed and as they have said alot has changed coding wise since 1.1b3
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

[Unknown]

Quote from: annay on September 22, 2005, 01:15:48 AM
I'm just in the process of uploadng SMF 1.1 RC1 and SETTIN~1 file in Themes/classic/images/ is contained in 15 !!! folders???  Should I just delete all those folders or they serve some useful purpose???

Sounds like a bug in unzipping tool or FTP client.  I just downloaded the archive again and saw no such files or folders.

-[Unknown]

deFain

Do we need this: PHP 4.4.0 Compatibility Update

..with this new version?

BTW, the install was very easy. Just like you said. :)

anna.young

Quote from: [Unknown] on September 22, 2005, 01:26:08 AM
I'm just in the process of uploadng SMF 1.1 RC1 and SETTIN~1 file in Themes/classic/images/ is contained in 15 !!! folders???  Should I just delete all those folders or they serve some useful purpose???

Sounds like a bug in unzipping tool or FTP client.  I just downloaded the archive again and saw no such files or folders.

-[Unknown]

Thank you...

Should I just delete those folders  before running an upgrade? Or go back to downloading and unzipping?

Anna
Toronto German Shepherd Dog Rescue

"Here's to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes... the ones who see things differently -- they're not fond of rules... You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the only thing you can't do is ignore them because they change things... they push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do." (SJ)

godboko

Quote from: annay on September 22, 2005, 01:32:26 AM
Quote from: [Unknown] on September 22, 2005, 01:26:08 AM

-[Unknown]

Thank you...

Should I just delete those folders  before running an upgrade? Or go back to downloading and unzipping?

Anna

Just in case I would redownload, unzip, then do the upgrade, just in case.
Thank you,
Robert aka godboko

deFain

Quote from: DeFain on September 22, 2005, 01:27:01 AM

..with this new version?

BTW, the install was very easy. Just like you said. :)
Question answered..
If you are using SMF 1.1 Beta 3 Public, you do not need to make any changes.  That version is already compatible with PHP 4.4.0.

Ar'tak Productions

Excellent work, all of you.   I just updated my website's forum (ironically, I was planning on re-opening the forum updated to 1.1b3 about  30 minutes after you released this. :p ) but the changes went smoothly, and I'm working on fixing my theme to adjust for the changes. 

Grudge, you have been a true hero to this project, and have accomplished great things. Great things lie ahead of you no matter what path you take.  Good luck in all your endeavours.
The Network:

[nofollow]  [nofollow]  [nofollow]

godboko

New update is GREAT, I went from .1-.5 page creation times to .01-.09. I think this is a wonderful increase.
Thank you,
Robert aka godboko

H

Thanks for the update.

I'll be upgrading this afternoon
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

bjp

Hi,
It's not possible for translation team to indicate witch part of the language file is new ?

Davilac

Could't be happier!

thanks boys, some time ago had to decide between a well known phpBB and a unknown SMF. Made a good decision!

[Unknown]

Quote from: DeFain on September 22, 2005, 01:27:01 AM

SMF 1.1 RC1 works fine on PHP 4.4.0, PHP 4.1.0, and PHP 5.0.5.  It even works on PHP 5.1 RC1.

Quote from: godboko on September 22, 2005, 02:12:35 AM
New update is GREAT, I went from .1-.5 page creation times to .01-.09. I think this is a wonderful increase.

Hmm... that's odd.  It definitely shouldn't have effected page views to that degree, unless other changes were made.

-[Unknown]

godboko

Quote from: [Unknown] on September 22, 2005, 03:03:04 AM
Quote from: godboko on September 22, 2005, 02:12:35 AM

Hmm... that's odd.  It definitely shouldn't have effected page views to that degree, unless other changes were made.

-[Unknown]

Well it did, its the only change I made, was upgrading, I still need to fix some stuff in my templates on both my forums, but other wise, everything is running much faster.

And I do want to thank all current and former SMT devel, Support, Graphics, and any other parts of the SMG group. You all have done wonderful work.
Thank you,
Robert aka godboko

Sverre

First of all, a big thanks to the hardworking team behind this excellent forum software!

I've just upgraded to RC1 on my test forum and so far it looks very promising :) While playing around in the Admin Center, I've run into two minor problems/improvement possibilities though.

Message Icon Manager
I can add new icons and rearrange them, but the "Remove" button/function doesn't work, so I have to use phpMyAdmin to delete an icon.

Manage Boards and Categories
I love the new "move board" feature, but if you want to place a board as a child of a main board which already has one or more existing child boards, I think it would be better if the "Child of 'Main Board'" button relocated the board above the other child boards instead of below them. In other words, it gives the same result as the "After 'Board n', where n is the last child board under the main board" option. I know nothing about PHP though, so it could be that the current configuration is better from a coding perspective...

Elissen

Nice work guys!

Grudge, thanks for everything you have done for SMF. For all the help you gave me and others.
I hope that you find what your looking for in what they call the 'real' world ;). Cheers!

[Unknown]

Quote from: Sverre on September 22, 2005, 03:22:33 AM
I can add new icons and rearrange them, but the "Remove" button/function doesn't work, so I have to use phpMyAdmin to delete an icon.

Find, ManageSmileys.php:

$deleteIcons[] = (int) $_POST['checked_icons'];

Replace:

$deleteIcons[] = (int) $icon;

! Deleting message icons plain didn't work. (ManageSmileys.php)

I love the new "move board" feature, but if you want to place a board as a child of a main board which already has one or more existing child boards, I think it would be better if the "Child of 'Main Board'" button relocated the board above the other child boards instead of below them. In other words, it gives the same result as the "After 'Board n', where n is the last child board under the main board" option. I know nothing about PHP though, so it could be that the current configuration is better from a coding perspective...

In other words, you would prefer that "Child of 'X'" put it first in order, instead of last in order (of the children of X)?  There's already a link for that directly above the first child of X, isn't there?

-[Unknown]

Aaron

Great job, SMF Team! I really liked the new features in SMF 1.1 bèta 3 public, but I didn't feel very comfortable in running all of my forums under bèta software. However, I will be going to upgrade all of my forums as soon as possible!

Really, good job! And best wishes to Grudge!

Regards,
Aäron.

beemer

Great Work Guys

I had just finished ? sorting beta 3 public and MKP on my site, learning as I go ::)

So looking forward to a dry run on the test pc, followed by updating the live site.

Then it's sleeves up and convert that Ikonboard I have in the corner  :D

You guys are the best
Keep It Up

http://www.bmw7resource.co.uk
SMF 1.1 RC1
MKP 1.1 RC1
Helios Multi RC1
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.thefishsheadnhorsesarse.co.uk
SMF 1.1 RC2
TinyPortal 0.8.6

Sverre

Quote from: [Unknown] on September 22, 2005, 03:34:32 AM

Find, ManageSmileys.php:

$deleteIcons[] = (int) $_POST['checked_icons'];

Replace:

$deleteIcons[] = (int) $icon;

! Deleting message icons plain didn't work. (ManageSmileys.php)

Quote from: [Unknown] on September 22, 2005, 03:34:32 AM

In other words, you would prefer that "Child of 'X'" put it first in order, instead of last in order (of the children of X)?  There's already a link for that directly above the first child of X, isn't there?

-[Unknown]

The link is there, but it puts it last in order... That's what I tried to say in my previous post :P

wgm

Quote from: [Unknown] on September 22, 2005, 12:56:48 AM
Quote from: wgm on September 22, 2005, 12:40:58 AM
Thanks to all involved.

One question before I continue, can I use the same database with SMF 1.1 beta 3 public and install a fresh copy of 1.1 RC1 and use database from beta 3 public.

Thanks again.

No.  You must run the upgrade if you want to use 1.1 RC1.  That, or use a different prefix (which will give you a clean forum, and not the same data.)  If you want to test RC1 with your data, you'll have to make a copy of the tables.

-[Unknown]

Thank you, did go this route(upgrade), good thing I checked first, thanks again.

Advertisement: