News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF 1.1 Release Candidate 1 has been released!

Started by Compuart, September 20, 2005, 10:41:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel D.

Quote from: Libo on September 23, 2005, 07:19:30 AM
Quote from: huzursuz on September 22, 2005, 08:08:25 PM
Hi all SMF lovers... Thanks to the SMF development team. I'm glad to hear that SMF 1.1 RC1 released. But I want to ask a question: I'm using SMF 1.1 BP3 and I've made lots of changes to the template files such as adding and Google AdSense banner, adding extra buttons to the top menu , etc. I mean my index.template.php, display.template.php, etc. are not same as the first time I installed 1.1 BP3. I installed new RC1 to my local machine , to my PHP server and I liked it. If I upgrade my forum on the web, will I have to make those changes again to all template files??? Thanks for your answers...

Sincerely...
yes.
Please read.

xenovanis

Quote from: Snickers on September 23, 2005, 09:36:35 AM
Hey, when you upgrade (1.1 b3 -> 1.1 ) will it overwrite old files? (example overwrite sources/sub.php) or will it simply change and add some sentences, like when installing a MOD?

It will overwrite your existing files with the newer ones.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Elora

Did I place my request for help in the wrong thread?

Snickers

Quote from: Daniel D. on September 23, 2005, 09:37:48 AM
Hi all SMF lovers... Thanks to the SMF development team. I'm glad to hear that SMF 1.1 RC1 released. But I want to ask a question: I'm using SMF 1.1 BP3 and I've made lots of changes to the template files such as adding and Google AdSense banner, adding extra buttons to the top menu , etc. I mean my index.template.php, display.template.php, etc. are not same as the first time I installed 1.1 BP3. I installed new RC1 to my local machine , to my PHP server and I liked it. If I upgrade my forum on the web, will I have to make those changes again to all template files??? Thanks for your answers...

Sincerely...
yes.
Please read.
Quote from: xenovanis on September 23, 2005, 10:59:07 AM
Hey, when you upgrade (1.1 b3 -> 1.1 ) will it overwrite old files? (example overwrite sources/sub.php) or will it simply change and add some sentences, like when installing a MOD?

Thanks for telling me!

PhatTyres

Quote from: beemer on September 23, 2005, 04:02:52 AM
Quote from: PhatTyres on September 23, 2005, 03:18:40 AM
Easy upgrade.
Cant get it to cooperate with MK Portal tho.
It will not work inside the portal just outside only, regardless of settings in mkCP.
Have used the upgrade from meo.
Phat Tyres
I got it working check your changes it seemed on mine some were duplicated, and have a look in your forum error log

My subs file is still my old subs.php after upgrade....my additions are still there and it says 1.1beta3 in the header not 1.1rc1 like in the install packeage.

I deleted all files in /forum/ and did a clean install...and the same thing again....am i insane or what

I used Smart FTP for ul and deletion of old files (deleted for a clean installation).
Forum seems to work fine but not with MK portal...the copyright is 1.1rc1 but many of the php files still show as 1.1b3
OTB and Runnin Down The Hill

SMF 1.0.5  MKp1.0                                Clip'd In Cycling Community

redone

Awesome update as ever! Great work dev team.

~redone

:D

Klauser

Quote from: [Unknown] on September 22, 2005, 06:32:57 PM

Quote from: Klauser on September 22, 2005, 06:12:37 PM
I updated from 1.1 beta 3p to 1.1rc1 without any problems. But I noticed now one little confusing thing. I have on the Main Index at bottom the latest post list, if I click on one posting the Message is not marked as Read, if I go back to Main Index ? If I go the normal way - Index-Board-Posting than it´s marked as read.

The *board* is not marked as read, or the *topic*?

-[Unknown]

It was the Board on the Main Page

Klauser

Quote from: Snickers on September 23, 2005, 01:25:54 PM
Quote from: Daniel D. on September 23, 2005, 09:37:48 AM

Sincerely...
yes.
Please read.
Quote from: xenovanis on September 23, 2005, 10:59:07 AM

Thanks for telling me!

One moderator suggest this great Programm http://winmerge.sourceforge.net  .
- download your files from your webserver to local drive
- get the 1.1beta 3p which is not touched

compare this 2 dirs and write down which files were changed from you or some mods, if you did a good work before, you had comments inside your changed pages

- download 1.1rc1 and compare with your pages from the webserver ... it is than just some clicks in Winmerge to add your changes ...

I did it without any problems

PhatTyres

Ignore me....I am insane....was looking at my local host not my HOST files...just needed to update the Subs.php on my Host and all is SWEET!!!!

Thanks for the Excelent product/service and to Grudge for his service.   Good luck!
OTB and Runnin Down The Hill

SMF 1.0.5  MKp1.0                                Clip'd In Cycling Community

beemer

Quote from: PhatTyres on September 23, 2005, 02:30:46 PM
Quote from: beemer on September 23, 2005, 04:02:52 AM
Quote from: PhatTyres on September 23, 2005, 03:18:40 AM
Easy upgrade.
Cant get it to cooperate with MK Portal tho.
It will not work inside the portal just outside only, regardless of settings in mkCP.
Have used the upgrade from meo.
Phat Tyres
I got it working check your changes it seemed on mine some were duplicated, and have a look in your forum error log

My subs file is still my old subs.php after upgrade....my additions are still there and it says 1.1beta3 in the header not 1.1rc1 like in the install packeage.

I deleted all files in /forum/ and did a clean install...and the same thing again....am i insane or what

I used Smart FTP for ul and deletion of old files (deleted for a clean installation).
Forum seems to work fine but not with MK portal...the copyright is 1.1rc1 but many of the php files still show as 1.1b3

Quote from: PhatTyres on September 23, 2005, 03:35:26 PM
Ignore me....I am insane....was looking at my local host not my HOST files...just needed to update the Subs.php on my Host and all is SWEET!!!!

Thanks for the Excelent product/service and to Grudge for his service.   Good luck!

LOL we have all done it   ;)
http://www.bmw7resource.co.uk
SMF 1.1 RC1
MKP 1.1 RC1
Helios Multi RC1
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.thefishsheadnhorsesarse.co.uk
SMF 1.1 RC2
TinyPortal 0.8.6

Afrog2

I think i found a bug!
Ok i have a user named ,((ad ,((an. And I can not edit his name or e-mail him or anything. And on his account, he can't post or anything. In the SQL databases, when you go to change his name, it doesn't change. It changes to stuff like %73C and weird combinations. Different ones each time. He can also access the admin panel. And he registered with the RC1 scripts. I try and deleat him, but he just registers again and he has all his info back. And also, when you go to restrick the name, it doesn't save. Anyone wonna tell me if this was found or not? He's a friend and all, but if someone hates my Clan, then finds this, then I could be screwed!

doll

If you believe you can do it, you will.

† ÐëepÇuT¹ †

Man... how are these guys doing this so fast!?  :D Just when you think SMF is perfect, it all gets better and better  :).. I tell ya. Nice board move system pretty cool stuff >:D.

Personal Website
x3Generation - gaming
graphics and anime.

Favorite Forums
> SimpleMachines Forum
> GamerzPlanet Forums

klumy

TarantinoArchives

*whine*

why can't I send newsletters to post-based groups anymore?

† ÐëepÇuT¹ †

Quote from: TarantinoArchives on September 24, 2005, 11:48:16 AM
*whine*

Please select Settings then click:
QuoteGroups allowed to send out forum newsletters:

How organized  :D

Personal Website
x3Generation - gaming
graphics and anime.

Favorite Forums
> SimpleMachines Forum
> GamerzPlanet Forums

tornadobreZeL

hi there ...
i get this error msg while updating to rc1
QuoteConverting members and personal messages... Unsuccessful!
This query:
SELECT ID_MEMBER, im_ignore_list, gender, secretAnswer
FROM smf_members
LIMIT 0, 500;
Caused the error:

Unknown column 'im_ignore_list' in 'field list'

what to do?

thanks for any help
cheers

Afrog2

You have a mod installed that must be blocking it. Uninstall your mod(s). Then run it.

karelappel

Great update guys, only i got one problem.

When i try to use a  Add BBC tags:  in a post, the script do nothing. It wont copy and past the code or smiley code into the box.

In other words i cant use Add BBC tags: , anyone a idea what to do?

Thanks

TarantinoArchives

Quote from: † ÐëepÇuT¹ † on September 24, 2005, 02:10:24 PM
Quote from: TarantinoArchives on September 24, 2005, 11:48:16 AM
*whine*

Please select Settings then click:
QuoteGroups allowed to send out forum newsletters:

How organized  :D

but that's WHO can send out a newsletter. i need to know how i can send TO post-based groups as the admin, beta3 still had it!

Advertisement: