News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SMF 1.1 Release Candidate 1 has been released!

Started by Compuart, September 20, 2005, 10:41:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HEB XI 1

Quote from: hebxi1 on September 22, 2005, 07:20:09 PM
Since no one else has mentioned it:

I am still having the admin login check issue  ... when I click on the admin link, it brings up the password box for verification.  When I enter the password and click "Login" it just (seems to) refresh the page.  Logging out and back in solves it temporarily (until I close and reopen the browser).

Error logs show:
Administration login attempt!
Referer: http://www.raven-flight.com/community/index.php?action=admin
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.10) Gecko/20050716 Firefox/1.0.6
IP: 12.208.162.157

Quote from: Uzbek on September 28, 2005, 07:09:18 PM
Anyone knows if the problem with Opera/Firefox logging in solved?

Quote from: Uzbek on October 02, 2005, 06:36:33 PM
NOw, topic. I have had the following problem since switching to smf - when i sign-in in Opera, it signs me in fine. But when i click on home page it wouldn't show me logged in! But when i enter forum through any link - it shows me signed in! Magic...
I read here somewhere that the problem is the way smf hashes passwords, which is not quite "opera" and "moz/fire"friendly. I even saw a bugzilla with this problem (which seems to become a stub). So... me - no comments.

I have PM'd back and forth with [Unknown] a couple times, and the last thing I heard from him about this was:
Quote from: [Unknown] on September 22, 2005, 08:43:46 PM
For some reason, the sha1 function is not working properly.  If you look at a phpinfo.php, does "mhash" appear anywhere?
-[Unknown]

Now, my issue ONLY has to do with the admin security check feature.  I have received no reports from my users about not being able to stay logged in.  So these may be two separate issues?  It caught my eye tho, because I use FF at home and work ... only use IE on my game computer (and still get the admin login deal there).

I did check my phpinfo and did not see "mhash" in it anywhere ... used the find function so wouldn't miss it.  I don't know exactly what that signifies or how to fix it and have not heard anything else since relaying that info.  I'm sure the devs are good any busy with other issues, so since this doesn't break my board (only adds an extra step in for me now and then), I'm inclined to wait patiently until they have a chance.  But I will keep checking back now and then ...

Any updates on this [Unknown]?

Jedi_Amara

Quote from: xenovanis on October 03, 2005, 06:23:03 AM
Quote from: Jedi_Amara on October 03, 2005, 03:58:51 AM
I'm a little annoyed since upgrading to RC1, a lot of the the Javascript stuff seems to be broken - I can't add news, people can't register, etc... also, the pulling a quote into quick-reply thing doesn't work anymore?
www.ryuxforums.net I believe you won't even be able to register... at least, it wasn't working two days ago.
Link to your forum?

xenovanis

Quote from: Jedi_Amara on October 05, 2005, 01:25:23 AM
I'm a little annoyed since upgrading to RC1, a lot of the the Javascript stuff seems to be broken - I can't add news, people can't register, etc... also, the pulling a quote into quick-reply thing doesn't work anymore?
www.ryuxforums.net I believe you won't even be able to register... at least, it wasn't working two days ago.
Link to your forum?

Try uploading all files from the updatepackage again. Do you have any mods installed?
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

DaveMost

Hi

Hope this is the place to ask this. I have version 1.05. I looked in my admin area under the package manger, but i did not see anything to upgrade to 1.1. What i see is:

language tag 1.1.1
GeSHiSMf 0.0.7
Shorthand Time 0.1
Topic Rating 1.03

May I ask, how do I upgrade to 1.1?   I tried to do a search but kept getting this message about stress on search function.

thanks
steve

TarantinoArchives

upload the files from the upgrade package to your server and run the upgrade script

cjexotic

Ran the upgrade and it was one of the easiest ones so far  :)

Just a few questions on some things that have been brought to my attention.

Is there anyway to make the preview option work like it used to? Like before when you hit preview when makeing a post the screen went up so the poster could read the preview - now the preview shows but you have to scroll up to it.

And is there a reason for an extra www to be added ? It seems every few times a thread or my forum index is loaded it adds an extra www like this
Quotehttp://www.cjexotics.com/yabbse/index.php?www
or something like
Quotehttp://www.cjexotics.com/yabbse/index.php?PHPSESSID=a bunch of numbers  www
or it turns into a long url like this
Quotehttp://www.cjexotics.com/yabbse/index.php?PHPSESSID=1e824dde5b486ae08a5bea0a62b86f30
and the search engine friendly urls are turned on.
It's not causeing a problem,that I noticed,just curious

jestbiteme

I wonder if someone can help me...
In attempting to upgrade to the latest SMF build, I encountered the following error:
Safari can't open the page "http://www.tvnewstalk.net/forum2/upgrade.php?step=1 [nofollow]". The error was: "lost network connection" (NSURLErrorDomain:-1005).

As somewhat of a novice, I'm not sure what this error refers to and what steps I need to go through to correct it. In the mean time, I have a half-upgraded forum that's spewing scary errors all over the place. What do I need to do (or tell my host to do) to get this timeout to stop so that I can finish the upgrade? Thanks for any help, and I'm sorry about posting this in the News section, but it does pertain to the uprade...  :P

www.tvnewstalk.net/forum2

SkyWarp

Quote from: hebxi1 on October 04, 2005, 12:20:07 PM
Quote from: hebxi1 on September 22, 2005, 07:20:09 PM
Since no one else has mentioned it:

I am still having the admin login check issue  ... when I click on the admin link, it brings up the password box for verification.  When I enter the password and click "Login" it just (seems to) refresh the page.  Logging out and back in solves it temporarily (until I close and reopen the browser).

Error logs show:
Administration login attempt!
Referer: http://www.raven-flight.com/community/index.php?action=admin
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.10) Gecko/20050716 Firefox/1.0.6
IP: 12.208.162.157

Quote from: Uzbek on September 28, 2005, 07:09:18 PM
Anyone knows if the problem with Opera/Firefox logging in solved?

Quote from: Uzbek on October 02, 2005, 06:36:33 PM
NOw, topic. I have had the following problem since switching to smf - when i sign-in in Opera, it signs me in fine. But when i click on home page it wouldn't show me logged in! But when i enter forum through any link - it shows me signed in! Magic...
I read here somewhere that the problem is the way smf hashes passwords, which is not quite "opera" and "moz/fire"friendly. I even saw a bugzilla with this problem (which seems to become a stub). So... me - no comments.

I have PM'd back and forth with [Unknown] a couple times, and the last thing I heard from him about this was:
Quote from: [Unknown] on September 22, 2005, 08:43:46 PM
For some reason, the sha1 function is not working properly.  If you look at a phpinfo.php, does "mhash" appear anywhere?
-[Unknown]

Now, my issue ONLY has to do with the admin security check feature.  I have received no reports from my users about not being able to stay logged in.  So these may be two separate issues?  It caught my eye tho, because I use FF at home and work ... only use IE on my game computer (and still get the admin login deal there).

I did check my phpinfo and did not see "mhash" in it anywhere ... used the find function so wouldn't miss it.  I don't know exactly what that signifies or how to fix it and have not heard anything else since relaying that info.  I'm sure the devs are good any busy with other issues, so since this doesn't break my board (only adds an extra step in for me now and then), I'm inclined to wait patiently until they have a chance.  But I will keep checking back now and then ...

Any updates on this [Unknown]?

I am so happy to see someone else is having this same problem!  Well, not happy you are having it, but happy, that my problem is not completely isolated.  I have several message boards and ALL of them have this problem.  Most are on the same server, but one is on a different server and has the same problem.  These both fresh 1.1 rc1 installs and upgraded 1.1rc1 installs.  1.1 beta 3 also has this problem, but it is NOT as severe. 

The problem seems to get worse too as I continue to use the forums, or at least I am noticing it more.  It is not only affecting the admin log-in but also the regular log-in since I upgraded to rc1.  I am unable to log-in on any log-in other than the login2 page.  And on one of my forums, it sometimes doesn't even log-in on that page.  Posts have come to a near hault on the boards that I have upgraded to rc1.  Maybe someone can get me up to date on the status of this error. 

Unknown, I am more than willing to create admin accounts for you on all these boards, but one of them may be hard for me to get logged into in order to do so. 

Oh, by the way, this error occurs in ALL browsers I have used.  Netscape, Firefox, and IE. 

Jedi_Amara

Quote from: xenovanis on October 05, 2005, 05:05:48 AM
Quote from: Jedi_Amara on October 05, 2005, 01:25:23 AM
Link to your forum?

Try uploading all files from the updatepackage again. Do you have any mods installed?

I have mods downloaded to the server but according to the admin panel they're not installed. I'll try re-uploading stuff then.

EDIT: I deleted all mods on the server and ran the upgrade again,  but it's still broken.

SkyWarp

Hmm, I just had the log-in problem on THIS very board as well. 

Maybe I should give my computer stats:  Win2000, all UPDATES downloaded from microsoft site (both windows AND microsoft update sites). 

Uzbekistan

Quote from: SkyWarp on October 06, 2005, 01:46:54 AM
all UPDATES downloaded from microsoft site (both windows AND microsoft update sites). 
Hmmm. Very interesting. I think you shouldn't download from microsoft sites - only from windows ones! :D

laser

Might be a silly question, but what is the EXPECTED release date for full 1.1 ?

I know that release dates may change, but does anyone have an indicative between RC1 release and proper full v.1.1 release ?

TarantinoArchives

Quote from: laser on October 06, 2005, 07:22:05 AM

I know that release dates may change, but does anyone have an indicative between RC1 release and proper full v.1.1 release ?

well... since the RC is called "RC1" you can assome there will be at least one or two RCs more before the final. It all depends on how quick all bugs are being fixed. I am sure that the crew doesn't have a date in mind other than "when it's done"

HEB XI 1

Quote from: laser on October 06, 2005, 07:22:05 AM

Since you've only got 31 posts under your belt and are therefore obviously rather new to the boards, I won't be too harsh with ya ... here's the nicer version of some of the responses I've seen to your question:

The devs never have a release date.  Ever.  They release new versions when they feel they are done ... they may not even know themselves until the day before.  There is no timeline.  They also really hate it when people ask ... which they do all the time anyway.

Oldiesmann

Quote from: TarantinoArchives on October 03, 2005, 11:58:28 AM
anything about why i can't send newsletters to groups anymore? it shows only non-post-based groups to me

Admin -> Permissions -> Settings
Enable post-based group permissions (or something like that)
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

SkyWarp

Quote from: Uzbek on October 06, 2005, 06:48:21 AM
all UPDATES downloaded from microsoft site (both windows AND microsoft update sites). 
Hmmm. Very interesting. I think you shouldn't download from microsoft sites - only from windows ones! :D

::)

What I meant was that I have updated the windows update to the new Microsoft Update that simply combines the Windows update and the Office update sites into one.   ;D

H

Quote from: SkyWarp on October 06, 2005, 12:43:32 PM
Quote from: Uzbek on October 06, 2005, 06:48:21 AM

::)

What I meant was that I have updated the windows update to the new Microsoft Update that simply combines the Windows update and the Office update sites into one.   ;D

Combining them into one means office update isnt needed.

Certainly on my machine you cannot revert to windowsupdate without uninstalling microsoft update first
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

laser

Quote from: hebxi1 on October 06, 2005, 09:16:31 AM
Since you've only got 31 posts under your belt and are therefore obviously rather new to the boards, I won't be too harsh with ya ... here's the nicer version of some of the responses I've seen to your question:

The devs never have a release date.  Ever.  They release new versions when they feel they are done ... they may not even know themselves until the day before.  There is no timeline.  They also really hate it when people ask ... which they do all the time anyway.
thanks for that :) It's hard to keep track of which groups announce release dates and which groups just release "when it's ready", but I'm happy to wait.  Like everyone, I'd rather bug-free rather than a flood of bugs.

Don't worry, I'm happy to use RC1 for now :)

Uzbekistan

As for now the only issue i am having - is the login ptoblem! Sometimes if i follow a link into tyhe board - i seem to b signed off. But it happens in 10% times.

As for the rest - i am happy to use smf. Can't see any other bugs.

Elmacik

happy to find SMF

i think tons of minor things will change after 1.1 RC 1 to 1.1 Final
Home of Elmacik

Advertisement: