News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SMF 1.1 Release Candidate 1 has been released!

Started by Compuart, September 20, 2005, 10:41:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayBachatero

Quote from: elmacik on October 06, 2005, 08:38:56 PM
happy to find SMF

i think tons of minor things will change after 1.1 RC 1 to 1.1 Final

whith those things that are getting changed the package manager should get fixed also.
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

Elmacik

yeah.. we cant write mods for it since we have files to extract
Home of Elmacik

Logue

Elmacik

Home of Elmacik

TarantinoArchives

Quote from: Oldiesmann on October 06, 2005, 09:28:27 AM
Quote from: TarantinoArchives on October 03, 2005, 11:58:28 AM
anything about why i can't send newsletters to groups anymore? it shows only non-post-based groups to me

Admin -> Permissions -> Settings
Enable post-based group permissions (or something like that)

no. that's not it. 1) that is already enabled and 2) i dont want set any permissions, i want to send newsletters TO post-based groups, like I did in beta3 and before

Birger_Nord

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

xtremecruiser

I just want to say great job to all the guys working on the latest release.
I have been testing it on one of my test sites without any issues and will be updating my backup site this weekend for a kinda live test ( doesn't everyone run a mirrored site for testing  ;D )
The only thing holding some of us back is that many of the cool themes have not been updated for RC1X
cough ElemenT, SMFgeneration cough
Also big props to Bloc for getting his themes updated so fast ;D

riking

I am trying to upgrade from a new install to 1.1. i keep getting this message " The package you tried to upload either is not a valid package or has become corrupted." i have downloaded it several ways and still the same message. any ideas.

Rob

xenovanis

Quote from: riking on October 11, 2005, 05:40:14 AM
I am trying to upgrade from a new install to 1.1. i keep getting this message " The package you tried to upload either is not a valid package or has become corrupted." i have downloaded it several ways and still the same message. any ideas.

Rob

You can't make this update with the packagemanager. Unzip the updatepackage, upload all files to your server and run upgrade.php.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

riking

forsakenlad

Quote from: xtremecruiser on October 08, 2005, 10:38:39 AM
I just want to say great job to all the guys working on the latest release.
I have been testing it on one of my test sites without any issues and will be updating my backup site this weekend for a kinda live test ( doesn't everyone run a mirrored site for testing  ;D )
The only thing holding some of us back is that many of the cool themes have not been updated for RC1X
cough ElemenT, SMFgeneration cough
Also big props to Bloc for getting his themes updated so fast ;D

Have a look at this:

Template changes from SMF 1.1 Beta 3 Public to 1.1 RC1
Eren "forsakenlad" Yaşarkurt
SMF Friend & Former Team Member

Kerux

Converting members and personal messages...
   Converting "members"... (part 1)done.
   Converting "members"... (part 2)
   Members #1 - #72... Unsuccessful!
This query:

SELECT ID_MEMBER, im_ignore_list, gender, secretAnswer
    FROM smf_members
    LIMIT 0, 500;

Caused the error:

Unknown column 'im_ignore_list' in 'field list'

_____

um crap?

also
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: shorten_subject() in /root/Sources/BoardIndex.php on line 218
I am, I saw, I programmed.

SkyWarp

Quote from: SkyWarp on October 06, 2005, 12:11:12 AM
Quote from: hebxi1 on October 04, 2005, 12:20:07 PM
Quote from: hebxi1 on September 22, 2005, 07:20:09 PM
Since no one else has mentioned it:

I am still having the admin login check issue  ... when I click on the admin link, it brings up the password box for verification.  When I enter the password and click "Login" it just (seems to) refresh the page.  Logging out and back in solves it temporarily (until I close and reopen the browser).

Error logs show:
Administration login attempt!
Referer: http://www.raven-flight.com/community/index.php?action=admin
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.10) Gecko/20050716 Firefox/1.0.6
IP: 12.208.162.157

Quote from: Uzbek on September 28, 2005, 07:09:18 PM
Anyone knows if the problem with Opera/Firefox logging in solved?

Quote from: Uzbek on October 02, 2005, 06:36:33 PM
NOw, topic. I have had the following problem since switching to smf - when i sign-in in Opera, it signs me in fine. But when i click on home page it wouldn't show me logged in! But when i enter forum through any link - it shows me signed in! Magic...
I read here somewhere that the problem is the way smf hashes passwords, which is not quite "opera" and "moz/fire"friendly. I even saw a bugzilla with this problem (which seems to become a stub). So... me - no comments.

I have PM'd back and forth with [Unknown] a couple times, and the last thing I heard from him about this was:
Quote from: [Unknown] on September 22, 2005, 08:43:46 PM
For some reason, the sha1 function is not working properly.  If you look at a phpinfo.php, does "mhash" appear anywhere?
-[Unknown]

Now, my issue ONLY has to do with the admin security check feature.  I have received no reports from my users about not being able to stay logged in.  So these may be two separate issues?  It caught my eye tho, because I use FF at home and work ... only use IE on my game computer (and still get the admin login deal there).

I did check my phpinfo and did not see "mhash" in it anywhere ... used the find function so wouldn't miss it.  I don't know exactly what that signifies or how to fix it and have not heard anything else since relaying that info.  I'm sure the devs are good any busy with other issues, so since this doesn't break my board (only adds an extra step in for me now and then), I'm inclined to wait patiently until they have a chance.  But I will keep checking back now and then ...

Any updates on this [Unknown]?

I am so happy to see someone else is having this same problem!  Well, not happy you are having it, but happy, that my problem is not completely isolated.  I have several message boards and ALL of them have this problem.  Most are on the same server, but one is on a different server and has the same problem.  These both fresh 1.1 rc1 installs and upgraded 1.1rc1 installs.  1.1 beta 3 also has this problem, but it is NOT as severe. 

The problem seems to get worse too as I continue to use the forums, or at least I am noticing it more.  It is not only affecting the admin log-in but also the regular log-in since I upgraded to rc1.  I am unable to log-in on any log-in other than the login2 page.  And on one of my forums, it sometimes doesn't even log-in on that page.  Posts have come to a near hault on the boards that I have upgraded to rc1.  Maybe someone can get me up to date on the status of this error. 

Unknown, I am more than willing to create admin accounts for you on all these boards, but one of them may be hard for me to get logged into in order to do so. 

Oh, by the way, this error occurs in ALL browsers I have used.  Netscape, Firefox, and IE. 

Reports are starting to come in from various members of the sites that they cannot log-in as well.   So this is of course the reason why new accounts are being created by the same people.  Then these new accounts do the same thing as well. 

Is there ANY workaround or fix for the log-in issues yet?

HEB XI 1

Still waiting on this issue:  http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=50176.msg366311#msg366311

Have heard nothing ... even a "I don't have a clue" would be better than nothing :)

cyberjack

i am using SMF 1.1 RC1. with MKPortal M1.1 Rc1  there is nt any bugs i received thank you for your hard work

erzon

FTF

Having some trouble in updating,

Got through fine with my test forum but now Im trying to update my proper one, I get to the myforum/upgrade.php and proceed to update but it keeps timing out!?!?

HELP!

please

weekend camper

Quote from: Btcouk on October 19, 2005, 09:15:25 AM
Having some trouble in updating,

Got through fine with my test forum but now Im trying to update my proper one, I get to the myforum/upgrade.php and proceed to update but it keeps timing out!?!?

HELP!

please

You'll get better response if you give more info: what version of SMF to and from?  what is the exact error message?  Is the error message right away or after xx seconds?  Did you chmod the files as required in the read me?

Random

I've done a fresh install of 1.1 rc 1, and am getting a few errors like this:

8: Undefined index: name
File: /home/xxxxxxxxx/public_html/forum/Themes/default/ManagePermissions.template.php (eval?)
Line: 445

I've just tried my upgraded forum, and I'm getting them there too.  Seems to be mostly in the admin sections like:

http://www.xxxxxxx/forum/index.php?action=managecalendar

I don't think it's affecting the actual running of the forum, I just hate to see errors in the log.  ;D

Advertisement: