SMF 1.1 Release Candidate 1 has been released!

Started by Compuart, September 20, 2005, 10:41:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J. Williams

I've got this & theres no errors

Big urls - Use repair_settings.php from downloads
Template errors - Cause maybe Missing template/custom theme
Joshua Jon Williams
Back in Action.

scotbuff

Did something change in the way the BBC code for lists is done?  If so, is there some way for me to change it back to the way it used to render lists?  Thanks in advance.

J. Williams

The list code is just [list]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]
Joshua Jon Williams
Back in Action.

scotbuff

Yeah, I know.

I had someone embedding lists inside lists like so.
[list][list][/list][/list]

This used to render the lists still, and yes I know that it was not intended to be used like that.  It used to indent without the bullets.  Well, now it just ignores the closing tags and actually prints them out.  So all the posts are loaded with a bunch of closing tags for the list.  If there is a way I can set it back to how it used to render I would prefer to do this since the info he posted was documentation.  It does not look so good now.  Thanks.

HEB XI 1

Quote from: hebxi1 on October 15, 2005, 10:41:43 AM
Still waiting on this issue:  http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=50176.msg366311#msg366311

Have heard nothing ... even a "I don't have a clue" would be better than nothing :)

Still having this issue and now am also getting reports of users not being able to stay logged in.  When they try to log in it takes them to the forgotten password page.  I haven't gotten more details, like browser or pc stuff, but can if needed.

Any kind of update would be nice on this issue.  If I missed something, please kindly point it out.

J. Williams

I think its the cookies,ideally its smfcookie11 & so cookies are timed!

Did you check the Cookie or Login Problems Post

People saying the package manager doesn't copy are wrong.
Joshua Jon Williams
Back in Action.

HEB XI 1

hehe - yeah it's not cookie related on this one.  Thanks tho :)

TarantinoArchives

when's a new RC going public? I am smart enough not to ask for any release dates, but it would be cool if the cool devs here could give us something like "the final version will come this year" or "next year" or "in a few weeks" etc...

scotbuff

Can someone tell me where the BBCode is rendered.  Is it in the Display.php?  I just want to make sure I am looking in the right place to set this back to how 1.0.5 rendered it.  Thanks in advance.

Quote from: scotbuff on October 21, 2005, 12:30:50 PM
Yeah, I know.

I had someone embedding lists inside lists like so.
[list][list][/list][/list]

This used to render the lists still, and yes I know that it was not intended to be used like that.  It used to indent without the bullets.  Well, now it just ignores the closing tags and actually prints them out.  So all the posts are loaded with a bunch of closing tags for the list.  If there is a way I can set it back to how it used to render I would prefer to do this since the info he posted was documentation.  It does not look so good now.  Thanks.

SkyWarp

Quote from: hebxi1 on October 21, 2005, 07:38:43 PM
Quote from: hebxi1 on October 15, 2005, 10:41:43 AM
Still waiting on this issue:  http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=50176.msg366311#msg366311

Have heard nothing ... even a "I don't have a clue" would be better than nothing :)

Still having this issue and now am also getting reports of users not being able to stay logged in.  When they try to log in it takes them to the forgotten password page.  I haven't gotten more details, like browser or pc stuff, but can if needed.

Any kind of update would be nice on this issue.  If I missed something, please kindly point it out.

Owdy did something with my boards to help this problem. 

Not sure what he did, but it fixed all the problems except the admin log-in. 

Check this topic for more details:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=41915.0;all

EDIT: After checking the files he might have changed, the "sha1.js" file in the THEMES folder might be critical to this!

EDIT AGAIN:  Well, after taking a closer look, it doesn't appear that ANYTHING was changed in that file, although it could be so minute I missed it.  The index.template and Settings and Settings.bak files also had date stamps as being uploaded too, but I haven't checked them very closely to figure out what might have changed in them. 

xtremecruiser

I finally updated my test site and now I understand why the themes are different :-X

Edit:
I uploaded the files again and its working, my host  :-X

BTW many themes that say they are updated for 1.1 are not :-X just UL a new picture and see if you can see it 8)

Daniel D.

Xarcell

Hi, for those that remember me, saying I was having 503 DB problems with 1.1b3. It was suggested that it was a mod I had installed, others said it had something to do with ssl. I'm now having the problem with my 1.1rc1.

----------------------------------------------------

"Service Temporarily Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later"

I think I managed to track down something that may help solve this problem.

One thing I noticed is the url, it tends to have something like this in it:

"http://www.xxxxxx.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=adcff0ec82d6133363af2c1243e6ca3f;www"

It happens when I go to "xxxx.com/forum". I can remove the "PHPSESSID=adcff0ec82d6133363af2c1243e6ca3f;www" part, and then it loads just fine. I'm no expert, but I think it may a php bug.

BTW, only mod's installed are simpledownload and simpleportal. I just don't see how they can be causing this.

-Xarcell

xenovanis

Quote from: Xarcell on October 24, 2005, 09:28:39 PM
Hi, for those that remember me, saying I was having 503 DB problems with 1.1b3. It was suggested that it was a mod I had installed, others said it had something to do with ssl. I'm now having the problem with my 1.1rc1.

"Service Temporarily Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later"

I think I managed to track down something that may help solve this problem.

One thing I noticed is the url, it tends to have something like this in it:

"http://www.xxxxxx.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=adcff0ec82d6133363af2c1243e6ca3f;www"

It happens when I go to "xxxx.com/forum". I can remove the "PHPSESSID=adcff0ec82d6133363af2c1243e6ca3f;www" part, and then it loads just fine. I'm no expert, but I think it may a php bug.

BTW, only mod's installed are simpledownload and simpleportal. I just don't see how they can be causing this.

-Xarcell

Can you post a phpinfo?

What is phpinfo.php?
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

octopus22

i have moved from IPB 2 to SMF 1.1 rc1 last weekend.

i got following errors / troubles.

1) BB code doesn't support incorrect nesting of values.
example: text [/u][/i]
[b][i][u] text [/b][/u][/i]

2) no options to change forum behavior for users.
there was option in 1.0.5
to change if user will see topic or board after posting.
to hide all users emails
to show if any have posted while you typing

this exist only in user profiles, but i need to change this for ALL users at one time
may be you can tell me mysql query to do this? i need this as fast as possible, but can't imagine what parameters in DB i must change.

3) quick reply mod causes errors in Security.php in form sequence checking
after post i got error, no post. i have commented this, so for now all is ok, but it can be loose of security. isn't?

octopus22

Quote from: scs on October 25, 2005, 11:02:39 AM
1.This format of bbcode is incorrectly formatting IPB(its paid,what do you expect?)
this is just incorrect nesting.
it can be reached by typing manually in any forum, not only IPB. SMF too.
but IPB supports it, and SMF is not.
it's naive to ask users to use correct nesting for such thins. it is not xml, i right?
i think parser must workaround with such things. =/

2.Most options are categorized,
- Users have an option in Additional options
- Removed as Not used much.
- When you go to post,up comes up a post has just been................

sorry, but this is not about my question.

xenovanis

Quote from: sunsay on October 25, 2005, 11:36:13 AM
2.Most options are categorized,
- Users have an option in Additional options
- Removed as Not used much.
- When you go to post,up comes up a post has just been................

sorry, but this is not about my question.

Admin -> Themes and Layout -> Reset Options
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

octopus22

thank you, this is exactly what i asked for!  :D

Elmacik

i am sure i posted this before but couldnt find the topic to bump :P
here is what i am talking about;

i surf in a board (which has many child boards and posts inside)
for example here Language Specific Support board.
i surf, then i click Mark as Read because i dont know most other languages.
so, i dont want them to be listed in my "new posts since last visit" list.
now, my Language Specific Support is greyed out. Shows no new posts.. (and all the child boards are the same)
but hey, when i click to "new posts" link, i see lots of things from language boards.
this is REALLY annoying.
please change that in next release :|
Home of Elmacik

xenovanis

Marking read will only mark the current board as read, not it's childboards. It has always been that way.

Advertisement: