News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SMF 1.1 Release Candidate 1 has been released!

Started by Compuart, September 20, 2005, 10:41:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

genois

is there any mod..

that when you view a board..
you need to be in a specific group...

but you still can see the board in index page..
just that you can't view all the topics and post in it...

because i dont want people to think that my forum only have a few boards..
because the boards can only be view by the group..

and also guest can see all the boards.. but i dont want them to see the topics inside... the only way not to let them see is to hide it..
that means that it will be like a blank forum with nothing..

JayBachatero

Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

tX

Found a bug, err well sort of, more of a mistake. In the fetaures in the admin panel for the option "User online time threshold" when you click the ! for an explaination it claims the default is 15 minites, but the default is 30minites.

JayBachatero

Quote from: XTECHFORUM.COM on November 08, 2005, 08:34:22 PM
Found a bug, err well sort of, more of a mistake. In the fetaures in the admin panel for the option "User online time threshold" when you click the ! for an explaination it claims the default is 15 minites, but the default is 30minites.
15 mins is the default that comes when you install the forum.
Follow me on Twitter

tX

I'm pretty sure its 30.... Sicne I don't remember ever changing it and thats what it was set on. Maybe i did change it..but I dont think so...

JayBachatero

Quote from: XTECHFORUM.COM on November 08, 2005, 09:47:20 PM
I'm pretty sure its 30.... Sicne I don't remember ever changing it and thats what it was set on. Maybe i did change it..but I dont think so...

http://support.simplemachines.org/demo/index.php?action=modifyModSettings
user=test
pass=test
Follow me on Twitter

bergan

hi there ...
i get this error msg while upgrading to rc1 from smf 1.0 ? I has  cleaned/deleted/reuploaded all the   files but still the same msg grrrrrrr >:(

QuoteThe upgrader found some old or outdated language files.

Please make certain you uploaded the new versions of all the files included in the package, even the theme and language files for the default theme.

Click here to try again

..... and this appears when i go to the www.mydomain/forum/upgrade.php - and i can´t get any further! Plz help this little newbie :'(

Daniel D.

Quote from: bergan on November 09, 2005, 07:10:19 PM
hi there ...
i get this error msg while upgrading to rc1 from smf 1.0 ? I has  cleaned/deleted/reuploaded all the   files but still the same msg grrrrrrr >:(

QuoteThe upgrader found some old or outdated language files.

Please make certain you uploaded the new versions of all the files included in the package, even the theme and language files for the default theme.

Click here to try again

..... and this appears when i go to the www.mydomain/forum/upgrade.php - and i can´t get any further! Plz help this little newbie :'(
Did you update all language files you use?

Xarcell

Quote from: xenovanis on October 25, 2005, 01:49:43 AM
Quote from: Xarcell on October 24, 2005, 09:28:39 PM
Hi, for those that remember me, saying I was having 503 DB problems with 1.1b3. It was suggested that it was a mod I had installed, others said it had something to do with ssl. I'm now having the problem with my 1.1rc1.

----------------------------------------------------

"Service Temporarily Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later"

----------------------------------------------------

I think I managed to track down something that may help solve this problem.

One thing I noticed is the url, it tends to have something like this in it:

"http://www.xxxxxx.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=adcff0ec82d6133363af2c1243e6ca3f;www"

It happens when I go to "xxxx.com/forum". I can remove the "PHPSESSID=adcff0ec82d6133363af2c1243e6ca3f;www" part, and then it loads just fine. I'm no expert, but I think it may a php bug.

BTW, only mod's installed are simpledownload and simpleportal. I just don't see how they can be causing this.

-Xarcell

Can you post a phpinfo?

What is phpinfo.php?

You can go to xarcell.com to see what I'm talking about. Sometimes it does it, sometimes it don't. Even if it does, it sometimes still add's www to the end of the url. Can I get some comfirmation that you guys are aware that this is a bug, or looking for a solution. It happens even on clean installs, with no mods...

What is phpinfo.php?

http://xarcell.com/phpinfo.php

bergan

QuoteDid you update all language files you use?

Nope i deleted them all, i had swedish lang. files before and what i can see so is there no new swe.lang - files ready yet. So i tried both to just remove the swedish files only, didn´t help so i deleted the english too. And i have tried so many other ways to but with the same result. Im using SMF inside the MKportal! is that a problem???

If i manually change the URL way from step 0 (where the error msg comes) to step 1 im coming to the next window and there ít says everything has updated successfully ........ but then it is not possible to go any further.  i know that is wrong but i had to try ???  After that my whole site is down with only this msg :
QuoteERROR: Database error. Cannot execute the query
??? ::) :P

rgarrison

Question Guys
With the old verison you used to have a section where you could see registrations that were awaiting approval or hadn't been validated yet all in the same spot did we loose this capability?  I haven't found it in the new version

Opps Nevermind I found it under members!

batman1056

Can somebody give me some advice.
I haev been running SMF for about 2 weeks, posted 4 items, replied to it no problem and then yesterday I cahnged the settings to allow Guest posting and I got the following error when I try to edit or create a new topic - even when I am loged in as admin

You have an error in your SQL syntax near '.0' at line 12

Confusing

Also If I try to post when I am a guest I get :-
You have an error in your SQL syntax near '.0) LEFT JOIN smf_members AS mem ON (mem.ID_MEMBER = mods.ID_MEMBER) WHER' at line 9

I have tried putting back the std rites to guests( i.e. no posting) but it still does the same - Help

check it out www.blne.co.uk  then forum -I've put back on guest posting.

J. Williams

Joshua Jon Williams
Back in Action.

batman1056

Thats a bad link
So how do I fix it and how did it happen? All links are the same - new posts amend posts, etc.

so what should the link be?  very confused

Compuart

Disable search engine friendly URL's in 'Features and settings'. They're not supported by the Mambo bridge you're using.
Hendrik Jan Visser
Former Lead Developer & Co-founder www.simplemachines.org
Personal Signature:
Realitynet.nl -> ExpeditieRobinson.net / PekingExpress.org / WieIsDeMol.Com

batman1056

Great - Did not realise this would have caused such a problem -
2 Questions

1. - is there a mod that will allow search engine friendly urls (as I have lots of content and would like google to rank it)

2. - MOST importanly - now the above errors have been fixed - I try and post in the forum and I get the following error ~: The board you specified doesn't exist

:'(

Trekkie101

Quote from: batman1056 on November 12, 2005, 04:45:59 AM
Great - Did not realise this would have caused such a problem -
2 Questions

1. - is there a mod that will allow search engine friendly urls (as I have lots of content and would like google to rank it)

2. - MOST importanly - now the above errors have been fixed - I try and post in the forum and I get the following error ~: The board you specified doesn't exist

:'(

1. SMF is fully spiderable by google by default, SEF URL's are only an extra step, just give google time and it'll get there.

2. Do you use tabbed browsing? And Quick Reply by any chance, if so, only use quick reply in one tab, use normal reply in all others.

batman1056

Quote2. Do you use tabbed browsing? And Quick Reply by any chance, if so, only use quick reply in one tab, use normal reply in all others.

I am newbee at all of this and done know where to set these options - will this make a difference - as I can not create any new posts, or edit or reply -
All forums come up with
An Error Has Occurred!
The board you specified doesn't exist

http://www.blne.co.uk/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=44&action=post;board=2.0.0

Many thanks for your support

Orstio

QuoteI am newbee at all of this and done know where to set these options - will this make a difference - as I can not create any new posts, or edit or reply -
All forums come up with
An Error Has Occurred!
The board you specified doesn't exist

http://www.blne.co.uk/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=44&action=post;board=2.0.0

Many thanks for your support

Your server doesn't like the semi-colons:

http://www.blne.co.uk/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=44&action=post&board=2.0

batman1056

this has confused me -
My server don;t like Your server doesn't like the semi-colons:

Noticed your link works fine - do you know how to fix it?
Would a re-install fix it?
So How come I managed to create some posts before I set the Joomla to safe urls then back again?

Advertisement: