changing some standard forum text

Started by iain sherriff, March 30, 2013, 08:12:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iain sherriff

Hi.
I want to change "watched" to "warned" in the warn system
and

I want to add something to the <div class="nextlinks_bottom"></div>  area but I can't find which template it is on!

can anyonme help please  :)
SMF 2.0.12

Kindred

well, for the first... check index.english,php first.

For the second, be more clear...
on what screen does that div appear?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

iain sherriff

thanks.Have done the "warned" bit  :)

next_links div is the one that contains <<previous   next>> at the bottom of the topic page (after the last post)
SMF 2.0.12

Kindred

so...  on the page of a displayed thread?

Then you're looking in Display.template.php
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

iain sherriff

Kindred. What I am trying to do is add the "unread since last visit" link to the next_links div.
I have tired adding
$txt['unread_since_visit'] 
but I get errors.
Can you tell me what I should be doing ?

thanks
SMF 2.0.12

iain sherriff

or I would welcome anyone else who has an answer  :)
SMF 2.0.12

Kindred

attach your display.template.php file...
Слaва
Украинi

Kindred

Code (find) Select

// Show the page index... "Pages: [1]".
echo '
<div class="pagesection">
', template_button_strip($normal_buttons, 'right'), '
<div class="pagelinks floatleft">', $txt['pages'], ': ', $context['page_index'], !empty($modSettings['topbottomEnable']) ? $context['menu_separator'] . ' &nbsp;&nbsp;<a href="#top"><strong>' . $txt['go_up'] . '</strong></a>' : '', '</div>
<div class="nextlinks_bottom">', $context['previous_next'], '</div>
</div>';

Code (replace) Select

// Show the page index... "Pages: [1]".
echo '
<div class="pagesection">
', template_button_strip($normal_buttons, 'right'), '
<div class="pagelinks floatleft">', $txt['pages'], ': ', $context['page_index'], !empty($modSettings['topbottomEnable']) ? $context['menu_separator'] . ' &nbsp;&nbsp;<a href="#top"><strong>' . $txt['go_up'] . '</strong></a>' : '', '</div>
<div class="nextlinks_bottom">', $context['previous_next'], '</div>
<div class="unread_bottom"><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=unread" title="', $txt['unread_since_visit'], '">', $txt['unread_since_visit'], '</a></div>
</div>';

and then specify class=unread_bottom in the index.css file.
Слaва
Украинi

iain sherriff

thank you kind Sir......just what I wanted  :)
SMF 2.0.12

iain sherriff

............and if I wanted to add the % of warn with the "Warned" text ?

can that be done ?
SMF 2.0.12

Kindred

huh?   %warned?   The bit that we were discussing before is related to the thread...   who would you list the warning for at the bottom of the thread?   especially a thread with 40 different posters.....
Слaва
Украинi

iain sherriff

sorry Kindred...

In my first post I asked about altering "watched" to "warned" which you pointed me to index.english.php to fix.

I want to show users the % they have now as well next to "warned" in the standard place.
SMF 2.0.12

Advertisement: