News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Admin Permission

Started by Gnowai, April 20, 2013, 01:10:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gnowai

Hey guys,

I'm currently setting up a website for a warcraft guild i'm in and have a question.
You see although im setting this up i am not a ingame officer and i'd prefer to exclude myself from the officer board on the forums.

Is there a way to stop me as an admin to enter atleast 1 board?

TheListener

Kindred

actually, yes and no...

You can add yourself as an admin for a SECONDARY group (additional group in the profile)

that way, you won't get DISPLAYED as an admin.

alternatively, you can create another group with "all permissions" or based-on administrator group.
Then either put the others into that group, or put yourself into that group and use a different badge.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

@Kindred: that won't actually solve the OP's problem which is to exclude himself from a given board. Admins explicitly have access everywhere and there's no way to solve that without nasty changes.

See... if you have admin rights or the ability to manage boards, you'll be able to access it.

Kindred

true...   I read quickly and I thought he just didn't want himself displayed as an admin on those boards.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: