News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Dream portal help

Started by svendaniel, April 20, 2013, 08:21:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

svendaniel

Hey I can not download dream portal. as soon as I press the install mod so I come to a blank page.

LiroyvH

((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

svendaniel

I can not register there :/

TheListener

svendaniel

it is read in the correct letters. I'm writing it right but saying that I'm wrong and have tested with all

TheListener

So you are having problems with the captcha.

svendaniel

I do not really know what captcha is. But the only thing I know is that I simply can not register me there

Kindred

Actually, this would appear to be yet another issue with the mod installation process not with the mod itself.

svendaniel,
Can you install ANY mod?

If not, check your chmod permissions in the Packages directory, the files in the Packages directory and the Packages/temp directory.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

svendaniel

Kindred

no need for a video. I believe you.   This has been reported a number of times.

Please tell us:

SMF Version?
any mods installed?
did this just start happening? If so, what was done before this started happening?
Who is your host.

Does your host have mod_security running on apache?

finally, what are the chmod permissions on the Packages directory, the files in the Packages directory and the Packages/temp directory.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

svendaniel

SMF Version?= smf 2-0-4
any mods installed?:=no
did this just start happening? If so, what was done before this started happening?=today
Who is your host.= hosting 24

svendaniel

Kindred

Quote from: Kindred on April 20, 2013, 08:42:07 PM
If so, what was done before this started happening?

finally, what are the chmod permissions on the Packages directory, the files in the Packages directory and the Packages/temp directory.
Слaва
Украинi

svendaniel

Kindred

for files AND directories?

If so, that's likely to be your problem. files should be 644
Слaва
Украинi

svendaniel

Kindred

That really depends on your interface, look for something called permissions...
Слaва
Украинi

MrPhil

755 for files is unnecessary, but usually doesn't cause problems. I doubt that it's the cause of this issue.

If you press a button in SMF and you get the White Screen of Death (blank screen), that means that something has probably corrupted a PHP file and you're getting a syntax error. Did you install any mods lately? Make any code changes? Any sign a hacker has been in your code ("last modified" date more recent than you can account for)? You can try reading my sig > FAQs > White Screen of Death entry to tell you where to look for error logs telling you what happened.

Kindred

Yes... He still has not answered the other questions that I asked...

Quote from: Kindred on April 21, 2013, 03:48:57 PM
Quote from: Kindred on April 20, 2013, 08:42:07 PM
If so, what was done before this started happening?

Слaва
Украинi

SoLoGHoST

Hello svendaniel,

There is nothing wrong with the DP.net Registration process, since I just tested this myself and works fine.

Step 1:  Go here:  http://dream-portal.net/index.php?action=register
Step 2:  Accept the terms of the Agreement by clicking the button at the very bottom of the page.
Step 3:  Fill out your information, and the captcha.

Q:  Dream Portal is an portal for which forum software? hint: 3 letters
A:  SMF

Q:  What is an short name for Dream Portal? hint: 2 letters, and use the first of each word:
A:  DP

Click on the Register button after filling out all of the information.

STEP 4:  Check your e-mail and respond to it.  You will be e-mailed a link to where you will need to go to activate your account, once you click that link, log into Dream Portal with your username and password and BAM, ur a member now and can post questions up in the Dream Portal 1.1 board, or any other board that fits your question.

In the meantime, if you are able to access your sites admin...  since you stated that you have no other mods installed, perhaps you should try and install any other mod and see if any mod works for your site.  Let us know.

Advertisement: