News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Dream portal help

Started by svendaniel, April 20, 2013, 08:21:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindred

nope.... as expected, I tried that and there is no luck. 
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

svendaniel

So it is not possible to fix this problem  :'( I love dream portal and smf would not change

tomato721

This is exactly what is happening to my site, this is my other topic http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=502283.0
I am also using HOSTING24, if you want i can pm you the cpanel passwords

svendaniel

Kindred

svendaniel...

It looks like you have two choices

Ask for hosting24 to give you access to more memory.
I tried using the htaccess command to grant more available memory (phpinfo says that 128 should be available)
it had no effect and still choked.

get a better host...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

svendaniel

okay I'll ask them about it. But hosting24 will va a good host huge number of people who have hosting24 and they say that this has never been any problem

Kindred

Hosting24 is a known overseller.

you can not ever actually offer "unlimited" anything...
Слaва
Украинi

svendaniel

But I use the 000webhost first? And it went well. But then after a few days it will smf can not connect to the database

Kindred

right...   and that is another issue with the overselling hosts.
Слaва
Украинi

svendaniel

Kindred

you can talk to the host about it further.

I have come to the end of my knowledge in the matter.
I tried increasing the available memory by using htaccess as they suggested. It seemed to have no effect and triggered the exact same error with the exact same numbers (overage starting at 32M)

I tried setting the value within the script itself... and, like htaccess, it seemed to have no effect.

If you can get the host off their butts and have them configure it for you, or specifically show you how to make it configured, then you are all set.

We have identified the actual problem. The solution, as I said before is a) get the host to help you increase the memory correctly or b) get a new host.
Слaва
Украинi

svendaniel

Oka do you know any free hosting site ?

Arantor

There are no good free hosting sites.

svendaniel

Do you know someone anna good host then? Though think it's ******ing bad that I can not fix dream portal on the one I have now

Kindred

I have mentioned this three times now....   We have a hosts and hosting board which lists good hosts.

and yes, I'll agree with you.  It is too bad that your host is like that, which is why you can not install any mods, including dream portal
Слaва
Украинi

Kindred

ummm.... sven, you posted that inside the same thread that you linked to...
Слaва
Украинi

Storman™

QuoteOpen the link and read it all!

Huh...  :o

Kindred

I think he meant to send that to the hosting24 people...
Слaва
Украинi

Storman™

QuoteI think he meant to send that to the hosting24 people...

Ah, the infamous hosting24 people !

Advertisement: