error code 8192

Started by BiGBLiZZ, April 22, 2013, 12:14:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BiGBLiZZ

My error log is filling up with 3 repeating errors the major one is this:

http://invasion.cleverwasteoftime.com/contact/index.php?action=arcade;sa=stats
8192: Function split() is deprecated
File: ../invasion/contact/Themes/default/ArcadeStats.template.php (tp_above sub template - eval?)
Line: 166

the obvious answer is the arcade, except I JUST installed it, the error shows up for EVERY action on the forum... so my thought then jumped to Tiny Portal. I have checked every file I can find (it took a while) for "split" and the only matches I found were "preg_split" which I assume isn't depreciated.

This topic was breached before here, but I don't have that mod, and I believe mine is a TP thing. But I can't find anything in my searches.

Can anyone help? between that and the 2 other errors, my log is filling up to about 6000+ pages a day.
Think you are clever?
Prove It!

BiGBLiZZ

For the record, the other 2 errors are:
8: Undefined offset: 1

and

8: Undefined index: submit_form

all with the "(tp_above sub template - eval?)" at the end of the error line.
Think you are clever?
Prove It!

TheListener

Make sure the disable eval is turned off.

Then report the error line again.

:)

BiGBLiZZ

okay... how do I disable that?
Think you are clever?
Prove It!

TheListener

Quote from: BiGBLiZZ on April 22, 2013, 12:29:40 AM
okay... how do I disable that?

I had to remind myself then   ::)

Admin > Server settings > General

BiGBLiZZ

LOL! I've never had to do that before.

Okay.. disabled and now it reads:

8192: Function split() is deprecated
File: /invasion/contact/Themes/default/TPsubs.template.php(127) : eval()'d code
Line: 166

So I assume then, that is where the error is?  Looking now
Think you are clever?
Prove It!

Colin

Are you using tiny portal?
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

BiGBLiZZ

Think you are clever?
Prove It!

TheListener

Quote from: BiGBLiZZ on April 22, 2013, 12:47:23 AM
Yes, I am using TP

Aha there's the culprit.

However is the the forum in your signature the forum in question as I see no portal in use nor a portal copyright.

BiGBLiZZ

No, the forum in my sig is not using TP. my other forum found here is though.
Think you are clever?
Prove It!

TheListener

Gotcha and I see the copyright (just about).

:)

BiGBLiZZ

I still can't find the error in that page.... ideas?
Think you are clever?
Prove It!

Colin

Will you attach the file please.
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

BiGBLiZZ

Think you are clever?
Prove It!

Colin

You disabled template evals, eh?

Colin

BiGBLiZZ

Think you are clever?
Prove It!

Colin

Weird, because split() isn't being used in that entire file.

Colin

BiGBLiZZ

I know. I can't find any file it's being used in. yet my error log fills up with it constantly.
Think you are clever?
Prove It!

BiGBLiZZ

Crap. I found it. Now I just have to fix it.

Will just changing it from split() to preg_split() work?

<edit>
The answer is no. but explode() will.

now to tackle the submit_form and "1" errors!
</edit>
Think you are clever?
Prove It!

BiGBLiZZ

Okay, for those wondering, I am in fact an idiot. The problem wasn't with TP, or any file there in. It was with a php code I have inside one of the TP blocks on the forum. The "Egg Counter" was written in older PHP and was never updated. I don't know why I didn't think about it before.

Everything is now sorted, except for the undefined errors. I still don't know how to fix that, they are also in the code on an output .= line. :/

Oh well, one day I will be error free again!

Thank you both for your help, I wouldn't have ever figured it out without the extra eyes and questions!
Think you are clever?
Prove It!

Colin

Colin

MrPhil

Quote from: BiGBLiZZ on April 22, 2013, 01:42:32 AM
Will just changing it from split() to preg_split() work?

<edit>
The answer is no. but explode() will.

now to tackle the submit_form and "1" errors!
</edit>

Yes, preg_split() is the replacement for split(). You probably didn't update the regexp pattern to include delimiters, e.g., ':' ==> '/:/'.

split() or preg_split() is unnecessary if the pattern (regexp) is a simple constant with no regular expression operations (e.g., '/:/' rather than, say, '/[:,]/'). In that case, it's better to use explode().

Kindred

yes.   When you see a portal eval'd it usually means that you have a problem in one of you code blocks.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

BiGBLiZZ

Quote from: MrPhil on April 22, 2013, 09:11:27 AM
Yes, preg_split() is the replacement for split(). You probably didn't update the regexp pattern to include delimiters, e.g., ':' ==> '/:/'.

split() or preg_split() is unnecessary if the pattern (regexp) is a simple constant with no regular expression operations (e.g., '/:/' rather than, say, '/[:,]/'). In that case, it's better to use explode().

Yeah... that... LOL.. I stopped using PHP around 4.2, so I honestly have no idea what you just said. But it's okay. The php cose I am using is a very simple password input to change a count of a certain aspect of the game I run. explode() works to replace the split() that was there, and there are no new errors, so, for now I am happy with it. One day when I have time I will get back on the php horse and work on 5.x and get to know all this crap again. Until then.. I have y'all!  :D

Thanks guys!
Think you are clever?
Prove It!

Advertisement: