Do you get the "white screen of death" when accessing Admin or Package Installs?

Started by Kindred, April 22, 2013, 10:23:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkAvenger

And I have a last question...
If SMF is too heavy for their servers why they put it in AutoScriptInstaller in their Control Panel?

Chalky

DarkAvenger

I know, I was asked them the same question but I didn't get any answer:P
I remember when I asked 000webhost "how many RAM is available for my account?" and they answered me "You have 1500MB disk space"!!!!
Funny?

Arantor

Because they're largely incompetent and they want to make it seem more capable than it is - but the point still stands, you will go over their limits very quickly regardless of what script you use.

Oh, and by the way, speaking as a licence holder for XenForo, IPB and vBulletin, SMF is still lighter than all of them.

DarkAvenger

Yes because they decreasing the limits another one cheat.:D Well when am I find a new job (because I am unemployed now) maybe buy a paid hosting pack.

Best Regards,
Dark-Avenger

GleamPlay.com

hi, I have started a forum in neq3.com

but it's having the white screen problem.

I asked my host and he said the memory limit is 128mb i believe which is the standard limit. It cannot be increased.

how much memory does the SMF script use?
Gleam - http://gleamplay.com
The SMF to have fun, meet new friends and play games!

Kindred

Did you actually read this whole thread?

Did you read the FAQ link as suggested in the first post?

Did you try one of the suggested code changes?

SMF runs just fine on the majority of hosts.... So, regardless of what they claim, your host has some strange configuration issue which may require you to change the coding in SMF in several places.

Read the FAQ.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

DarkAvenger

Quote from: leonyipa on August 26, 2013, 04:35:38 AM
hi, I have started a forum in neq3.com [nofollow]

but it's having the white screen problem.

I asked my host and he said the memory limit is 128mb i believe which is the standard limit. It cannot be increased.

how much memory does the SMF script use?
Hi,
I see the error of memory allocation at 33MB about. Is it a script problem?
I have tried serversfree.com [nofollow], 000webhost.com [nofollow] byethehost.com [nofollow] and 2freehosting and I am facing the same problem in the same application the package manager.
Is it a bug in PHP source Code?

DarkAvenger

Quote from: Kindred on August 26, 2013, 07:46:28 AM
Did you actually read this whole thread?

Did you read the FAQ link as suggested in the first post?

Did you try one of the suggested code changes?

SMF runs just fine on the majority of hosts.... So, regardless of what they claim, your host has some strange configuration issue which may require you to change the coding in SMF in several places.

Read the FAQ.
I have tried serversfree.com [nofollow], 000webhost.com [nofollow] byethehost.com [nofollow] and 2freehosting and I am facing the same problem in the same application the package manager. All these servers using deferrent control panel. Is it bug in SMF Script?
I am using Mozilla Firefox 23.0.1

DarkAvenger

Kindred

DarkAvenger..

Enough already.   Your problem is related to your host(s).   The long discussion got us exactly nowhere, since the answer is still the same, regardless of what you can or can not afford.  There are some suggestions in this thread, which are more clearly stated in the FAQ on what you might be able to do.

The same goes for you leonyipa.

I have already stated a number of times.
There is no BUG in SMF regarding this.
It works on just about every other (non-free) host, which rather proved that the issue is related to the configuration of those free hosts.
However, as I also stated a number of times - there have been several suggestions made on what you MIGHT be able to do.

*** READ THE FAQ ***

Any further posts regarding what you think about the hosts or what hosts you have tried will be deleted since that information is not actually relevant to the issue. We are all aware that this is a HOST problem, but (once again) some people have put some thought into it and come up with solutions which MAY work, even on stupid, free, overseller hosts.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

GleamPlay.com

Gleam - http://gleamplay.com
The SMF to have fun, meet new friends and play games!

Mick.

Shared plans are just a racket. I now get the "White screen of death" too lol.

I asked to have it raised, their answer:
QuoteUnfortunately on our Shared servers like the one on which you account is hosted we are not able to add memory or increase server settings because this may cause load on the server and cause interruption of the service to hundreds of others accounts hosted on the same server. We can add memory or increase server settings on our Cloud and Dedicated servers.

Im currently moving to a Cloud platform.  ::sigh::

smiley7

Thank you, perpetummdl, your advice solved my problem!  ;D

Keep up the great work, guys.

Kindred

We really have nothing more to say on this matter. There are several possible solutions listed in the thread and in the FAQ article.
Слaва
Украинi

Arantor

I love how people don't read the thread title and assume that their problem is related (it isn't - this thread is about the package manager, NOT about the profile area, it is likely that it is a mod edit gone wrong in which case you should open a new topic)

Geek

Hello,

I am on Webhost.uk.net and my php memory is set to 256M and I still get the "White Screen of Death" trying to upgrade from 1.1.18 to 2.0.5

I tried the large upgrade and script and it dies after the first step after logging in and selecting various checkboxes. I tried manually uploading everything and just let the script upgrade the database and it dies in the same place.

Any other reports about Webhost.uk.net?

Cheers!
-= Gregg =-

margarett

Is it shared hosting?

If it is, there is no way you really have 256M. Image the amount of RAM needed to host... 100 accounts in the same server (and most if them really host a LOT more than 100 accounts...
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Geek

Yes, shared.

Actually, the report on the server IP shows 421 websites on it :o

I assume an upgrade is impossible.

That leads me to question 2) If I just upload the full package of 2.0.5, will it use the 1.1.18 database or wipe it?

Cheers!
-= Gregg =-

margarett

Yes, you can continue to work with your host. You are now conscious about the limitations you are enforced to live with. So...

Install a local webserver in your computer (wamo, xampp, ...), export your forum to your computer, look at this:
How do I move my SMF forum to a different host?
(Being the new host your localhost)

Run the converter in your machine
Upgrading SMF
and then go the other way around to return your converted forum live ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Advertisement: