Do you get the "white screen of death" when accessing Admin or Package Installs?

Started by Kindred, April 22, 2013, 10:23:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldiesmann

Yes you should. "Not Acceptable" errors like that are usually due to mod_security, which is something the host will need to fix.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Kindred

Ok, I think this post has served its purpose, since, despite the main issue being related to the hosts, the overall issue is solved in 2.0.8. Making this thread unsticky now.

Please point any other users with white screen issues to the FAQ and encourage them to upgrade to 2.0.8 (or higher, if a new release has been made since then)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

zerofossilfuel

I had one small glitch updating from 2.0.7 to 2.0.8 because of manual edits to Class-Package.php made earlier trying to get 2.0.7 to work. Manually reverting the line in question resolved the glitch. And the 2.0.8 update now seems to have resolved my previous WSOD issues.

Nicely done. Thank you SMF devs.  :D

roshaoar

Hello,

I just wanted to mention something here because it was the first thread that I found when trying to work out why I was getting a white screen and memory exceeds reported on 2.0.10 when uploading an attachment (an image).  And if others have the same, maybe it'll help them.

My forum is a photography forum and a file upload size of 7M Mb isn't unusual. But this caused me a white screen. I did some homework and it turns out that the thumbnail generation with uploaded images is memory expensive, and for example memory usage of 90M+ on a 7Mb upload isn't unusual.

In the end I made one change to \Sources\Subs-Graphics.php, which was to change the setting to 256M (was 90M). This worked just fine, no problem since.

Fwiw, my understanding is that @ini_set also only applies during the duration of the script.

Kindred

well, while I am glad that you resolved you issue, that is not at all related to the original topic - what was specifically related to the admin and package manager screens on certain hosts -- and was corrected to overcome those hosts' silliness in 2.0.8
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: