News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Ad Mod Questions

Started by NeedIt, April 23, 2013, 02:17:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeedIt

I have three questions about the above:

1.  Is this the most popular and used Ad Mod for SMF?

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=255

The reason I'm asking is that I think SMFAds is different, right?

2.  I asked this question before but never got an answer.  Would anyone be willing to provide a live and living example of the Ad Mod out on the web?  Or is this actual forum an example of that?

3.  The above support page said that you can put either html or PHP in the ad mod.  What about Amazon Affiliate ads with or without images?  I assume the anser is 'yes' but just want to double check.

NeedIt

Quote from: K@ on April 23, 2013, 06:12:33 AM
Why not ask, here?

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=68632.0

;)

But I don't want to create a mod.  I just want to ask questions about an existing mod.  Isn't that location for those who want to write a mod?

kat

Click the link, again. :)

It's the mod's support topic.

Arantor

No, that's the dedicated topic for that mod ;)

Edit: ninja'd

kat

I beat Arantor to a post!!!

It's usually me that hits "Submit" and gets to think "Bugger...". :)

NeedIt

Guys,

I'm sorry to be so dense, but I do not see a New Thread button on that page.  What's the secret to post my question?

Kindred

you would not start a NEW THREAD.  You would post your questions in the thread that link points to. THAT is the support thread for the ad manager mod.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

NeedIt

Quote from: Kindred on April 23, 2013, 12:17:39 PM
you would not start a NEW THREAD.  You would post your questions in the thread that link points to. THAT is the support thread for the ad manager mod.

Aahh.  Okay, so I go here: http://www.smfads.com I guess?

But, before I do that, I have a basic question:  is smfads THE ad mod for SMF?  Or are there actually two big and popular ad mods for SMF?

Arantor

Ad Management mod = SMF Ads. They are one and the same.

NeedIt

Quote from: Arantor on April 23, 2013, 12:51:49 PM

Noted.  Thx.

NeedIt

Quote from: Arantor on April 23, 2013, 12:51:49 PM

This board is like super old.  Am I missing something?  The posts there are from 2012 - very little recently.

http://www.smfads.com/forums/index.php

Arantor

That's because people come *here* and reply to the official thread here instead.

NeedIt

Quote from: Arantor on April 23, 2013, 12:55:15 PM
That's because people come *here* and reply to the official thread here instead.

Okay, so I think you're saying try there first and, if I don't a response, come back here?  If so, will do...

Arantor

Well done for managing to completely divine the opposite meaning to what I said.

Ignore smfads.com. Use this site and only this site.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

ApplianceJunk

When did we have to start reading replies? ;)

Arantor

Kindred: he did but then got confused because he couldn't find somewhere to add his own topic - never mind that we all said to *reply* to the main one.

NeedIt

Guys, I am so confused now.  Really, I don't want to cause problems but I have absolutely no idea where to post my questions for Ad Mod any more.  I just posted in smfads to show you how confused I was.  Then I came back here and found that wasn't it.

You guys told me to go where this page http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=68632.0
points to and that is smfads.  But smfads is a dead board.  Furthermore, there is nowhere to start a thread on this.

Now you said to post here but when I posted here, you said that I should go to the above thread.  So I'm sorry - I just don't get it. Not trying to waste everyone's time, but I am lost.

Arantor

QuoteYou guys told me to go where this page http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=68632.0

Correct. Reply to that topic.

QuoteFurthermore, there is nowhere to start a thread on this.

Correct. As advised multiple times, you reply to the dedicated thread for that mod, every mod has its own thread. No need for multiple threads for most mods.

Kindred

umm.... no.

that link points to a thread here on simplemachines.org.
That thread is the support thread for the ad management mod.

When you click on that link, you will see a little blue button labeled "REPLY". click that. post your questions. come back later, to that same thread, go to the end and hopefully you will have answers. :)
Слaва
Украинi

NeedIt

Quote from: Kindred on April 23, 2013, 01:42:11 PM
umm.... no.

that link points to a thread here on simplemachines.org.
That thread is the support thread for the ad management mod.

When you click on that link, you will see a little blue button labeled "REPLY". click that. post your questions. come back later, to that same thread, go to the end and hopefully you will have answers. :)

Ohhhh!!!

Sorry to be so slow.  I'm with the program now...

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

NeedIt

Quote from: Kindred on April 23, 2013, 01:48:10 PM
:D

Seriously, thx for your patience.  I'm not sure why, but I thought that was just an informational page and not a thread.  Then I noticed the page 351 and it hit me like a thunderbolt how dense I was being.

Advertisement: