News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

smf_log_activity table

Started by Realinfo, April 23, 2013, 09:16:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Realinfo

I want to know

1.What's work of  smf_log_activitytable in mysql?

2. Can we disable it any how?

in 2.0.4 default theme

Kindred

why do you want to disable it?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Realinfo

I saw mysql got hanged

and when i checked http://realinfo.tv/status.php

I saw theseare too many proccess of smf_log_activity table

So i guess that, smf_log_activity table slow query made mysql hanged

Kindred

so, you think that randomly removing any process which hangs is the right thing to do?

maybe looking into WHY it hung on log_activity would be a better solution?

smf version?
mods installed?
who is your host?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

karde

Quote from: Kindred on April 23, 2013, 10:26:08 AM
so, you think that randomly removing any process which hangs is the right thing to do?

smf version?
mods installed?
who is your host?

can we empty that table from time to time?
come and join us on UK jobseekers [nofollow] forums.

Kindred

contents removed. I was looking at the wrong table when I made my comments. Arantor answers clearly,below.
Слaва
Украинi

Arantor

That particular table is used to show you the history of posts/topics/members registered per day. If you delete that, you will lose that history on the stats page.

Also 'most online at once' probably won't work properly.

But more importantly if it's hanging, you have it misconfigured but god forbid you could accept that possibility.

Realinfo

Quote from: Kindred on April 23, 2013, 10:26:08 AM

smf version?
mods installed?
who is your host?

How we can get that WHY it hung on log_activity?
what are the ways to know it?and it not happens always

default theme
I have VPS server from http://www.go4hosting.com/

Realinfo

Quote from: Arantor on April 23, 2013, 11:23:27 AM
That particular table is used to show you the history of posts/topics/members registered per day. If you delete that, you will lose that history on the stats page.

Also 'most online at once' probably won't work properly.

But more importantly if it's hanging, you have it misconfigured but god forbid you could accept that possibility.

that means we can't remove it and empty it is also a bad idea

Arantor

Quote from: Realinfo on April 23, 2013, 11:51:13 PM

Bingo. There are almost no tables in SMF that you can just empty at will and not break things.

Is it an InnoDB table or a MyISAM table?

karde

Quote from: Arantor on April 23, 2013, 11:56:00 PM
Quote from: Realinfo on April 23, 2013, 11:51:13 PM

Bingo. There are almost no tables in SMF that you can just empty at will and not break things.

Is it an InnoDB table or a MyISAM table?

This was very valueable knowledge especially for beginners.
come and join us on UK jobseekers [nofollow] forums.

Biology Forums

Quote from: Realinfo on April 23, 2013, 10:19:20 AM
I saw mysql got hanged

and when i checked http://realinfo.tv/status.php

I saw theseare too many proccess of smf_log_activity table

So i guess that, smf_log_activity table slow query made mysql hanged

I have a script that can empty it out.

To disable it, I believe the option is in settings, if not elsewhere (something along the lines of session driven something). Check there first. I disabled mine a long time ago; I found that my site simply worked better with the cookies it produces anyway.

Kindred

Liam_michael,

this is the second time today that you have given bad advice...

you should NOT empty out or disable the log_activity table.  Arantor has already said why.
Слaва
Украинi

Biology Forums

Quote from: Kindred on April 24, 2013, 11:11:09 AM
Liam_michael,

this is the second time today that you have given bad advice...

you should NOT empty out or disable the log_activity table.  Arantor has already said why.

I thought he was talking about session tables. Those can be emptied safely.

Arantor

No, he was talking about log_activity, which is a non session table.

When you're talking about deleting tables, which is something you can't recover without a backup having been taken already, be *absolutely sure* what you're talking about. Saves a lot of hassle later on.

Realinfo

any solution for SLOW QUERY?

can we fix time for query? I mean like after 60 seconds qurey will be disabled, or something like that

This way I guess whole mysql can be saved to get hang

Arantor

Any answer to the question I already asked?

I would note that YET AGAIN this is how your support thread goes:

1. I have a problem. Would (over the top and frankly dangerous) solution help?
2. No, but in the meantime let's try and actually fix this. Question for some relevant information.
3. Waaah, I still have a problem.

This is how every support thread of yours I have seen has gone. If you answer the questions I ask, maybe you can get some help.

Realinfo

Is it an InnoDB table

2.0.4 default theme

can we fix time for query? I mean like after 60 seconds qurey will be disabled, or something like that

Arantor

I give up trying to help you. You continually refuse to answer any question I actually ask, which means no-one can help you.

Biology Forums

Quote from: Realinfo on May 02, 2013, 09:33:04 PM
Is it an InnoDB table

2.0.4 default theme

Queries are considered "slow" if they are poorly written. If it takes the query a long time to execute (because of poor programming), it means it wasn't written properly (i.e. no limits or some sort of loop). All SMF queries, as far as I'm concerned are executed with great efficiency.

Realinfo

Quote from: Arantor on May 02, 2013, 09:35:09 PM
I give up trying to help you. You continually refuse to answer any question I actually ask, which means no-one can help you.

What are your questions ?

Ask me in points, i will answer them.

Thanks

Realinfo

Quote from: Liam_michael on May 02, 2013, 10:15:11 PM
Quote from: Realinfo on May 02, 2013, 09:33:04 PM
Is it an InnoDB table

2.0.4 default theme

Queries are considered "slow" if they are poorly written. If it takes the query a long time to execute (because of poor programming), it means it wasn't written properly (i.e. no limits or some sort of loop). All SMF queries, as far as I'm concerned are executed with great efficiency.

Most of time it's working on but near about 1:00pm GMT or on high traffic, i have this problem of slow query and by slowquery MYSQL got hang

Advertisement: