403 Forbidden / delete members

Started by goranbeg, April 23, 2013, 10:36:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

goranbeg

Hello,

I upgrade forum to 2.0.4 version and i have strange problem. When i try to delete about 2-10 members (cos' i have so many spammers) at the same time, i get message:

403 Forbidden error...

Other stuff on forum work good. Can you help me?

Kindred

look at your file chmod permissions.
Do you have some sort of prettyurls mod installed?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

goranbeg

Quote from: Kindred on April 23, 2013, 10:44:36 AM
look at your file chmod permissions.
Do you have some sort of prettyurls mod installed?

I don't have pretty url mod.... I set chmod for all files 777 in root folder.... hmmmm... any help? :(

Storman™

Can you list all the mods you do have.

Do you have Bad Behaviour or Forum Firewall mods by any chance ?

goranbeg

Quote from: Storman™ on April 23, 2013, 11:22:33 AM
Can you list all the mods you do have.

Do you have Bad Behaviour or Forum Firewall mods by any chance ?

Look... this happend only when i search members and get list... For example search users with 0 posts. After i search, i get list and i can't delete users.
If i go normal 'View all members' - everything is ok. 'Awaiting activation' is working too.. i can delete.

I dont' have  Bad Behaviour or Forum Firewall.

Kindred

well, rather than have us quiz you, one by one, please just list the mods that you do have installed.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

goranbeg

Kindred

cna't read that image.   Why can't you post a text list like most people do when requested?
Слaва
Украинi

goranbeg

Quote from: Kindred on April 23, 2013, 11:43:30 AM
cna't read that image.   Why can't you post a text list like most people do when requested?

Sorry...

2.   Birthday On Register       1.0     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
3.   VisualWarning          1.42   [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
5.   SMF 1.0.18 / 1.1.10 / 2.0 RC1-2 Update    1.1   [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
11.   GoogAd Mod v.1.4          1.3     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
13.   Downloads System          1.0.4   [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
14.   Peoplesign          1.6     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
15.   Started By Column          1.41     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
16.   Ad Managment          3.0.1   [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
19.   Users Online Today    1.5.3         [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
23.   Ad Managment    3.1           [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
24.   Signature Option Post    1.1      [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
27.   Aeva ~ Auto-Embed Video & Audio    7.2     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
30.   Facebook_Like v.1.3    1.3      [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
33.   SMF 1.0.19 / 1.1.11 Update    1.0      [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
35.   SMF 1.0.17 / 1.1.9 / 2.0 RC1 Update    1.0   [ List Files ] [ Delete ]

goranbeg

UPDATE : i get same message when i try to go to another page. For example search users with 0 posts, and try to go on page [2] ... :( Not working...

Storman™

The paths to your site seem a bit all over the place.

I can see both:

http://www.bitange.com/forum/

and

http://bitange.virtualneture.com/forum/index.php

I'm wondering whether this is related to the problem(s) ?

goranbeg

Quote from: Storman™ on April 23, 2013, 12:53:08 PM
The paths to your site seem a bit all over the place.

I can see both:

http://www.bitange.com/forum/

and

http://bitange.virtualneture.com/forum/index.php

I'm wondering whether this is related to the problem(s) ?

I today move my site from bitange.com to bitange.virtualneture.com ... Move, upgrade to 2.0.4 version (from 1.0.xx) and everything works.
Forget old domain http://www.bitange.com/forum/ ... like you see, i set under construction page on bitange.com/forum. bitange.virtualneture.com is new location,
new hosting. Path are corrected, and everything work good.

I just have problem when i try option 'SEARCH FOR MEMBERS' ... When i search anything, i get list. But, after i get list whatever i click not working.

Not working delete members, not working table order (POST,Display name,IP...)... After i click on ANY link i get message '403 Forbidden'.

View All Members - working. Deleting, sort tables... everyhing
Awaiting Activation - working. All..
Search For Members - after i get list - nothing not working.

:( What can be problem?

Kindred

ah.... now THAT would have been helpful information to have in the first place.

It is very likely that something in your system is still trying to point to the old address, old server or old directory....   and that is causing a 403.
Слaва
Украинi

goranbeg

Quote from: Kindred on April 23, 2013, 01:25:58 PM

It is very likely that something in your system is still trying to point to the old address, old server or old directory....   and that is causing a 403.

Oh, in this case i will be wait to refresh name servers, cos' i will back site on bitange.com domain.

Thank you. I will write you if i solve problem on this way.

Thank you very much for help... :) respect.

Kindred

if you changed the servers of a site, you need to download and run repair_settings.php. There may also be specific settings which can only be adjusted in the SMF admin (smilies, attachments and avatars sometimes do not get correctly set in repair_settings)
Слaва
Украинi

goranbeg

Quote from: Kindred on April 23, 2013, 01:39:27 PM
if you changed the servers of a site, you need to download and run repair_settings.php. There may also be specific settings which can only be adjusted in the SMF admin (smilies, attachments and avatars sometimes do not get correctly set in repair_settings)

I do this before update. First repair_settings, then upgrade...

Kindred

yes... but, as I mentioned, sometimes there are some things which are missed by the repair_settings that you need to manually adjust in the smf admin settings...
Слaва
Украинi

goranbeg

Quote from: Kindred on April 23, 2013, 02:02:42 PM
yes... but, as I mentioned, sometimes there are some things which are missed by the repair_settings that you need to manually adjust in the smf admin settings...

Yes... i did this.

goranbeg

Quote from: Kindred on April 23, 2013, 01:25:58 PM

Hey man... After nameservers are refreshed, i have same situation... Still can't do any action after 'Search for members'...
I don't have idea what can be problem? :( Do you have some idea? Please  help....

Kindred

it's not the name server.... I suspect that it's something in the smf settings which is still pointing to the old directory/url
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: