News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Misc questions.

Started by Antwerp, April 23, 2013, 12:18:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrPhil

Quote from: Antwerp on April 23, 2013, 12:54:08 PM
1) Can I assume that mods for 2.0 will probably work with a 2.0.4 forum?
CAUTION: Many mods written for 2.0 RCx versions will NOT work with 2.0.x installations. Some will, some won't. Ask about a specific mod if it was for 2.0 RCx and not a later 2.0.x version, before you spend a lot of time struggling with it.

Quote from: Antwerp on April 23, 2013, 12:54:08 PM
Ahh... thought the 'cPanel' might have referred to the Admin Centre :)
"cPanel" is a specific brand of hosting control panel. Unfortunately, too many people here use it in a generic sense, which tends to confuse newbies.

Kindred

most mods written for 2.0RC3 and later will work on 2.0.4

(I have even had a mod written for 2.0 beta4 that worked, but that was an anomaly)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

Eh, I once wrote a mod that worked on every version of SMF without any changes, but *that* was an oddity.

Most RC3 mods will work without change on 2.0.x, almost every RC4 and RC5 mod will. I say this because I know there were changes in a few of the internals in RC4, but for most mods it doesn't matter.

Kindred

yeah... and RC5 was almost solely a security update
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: