Question in relation to parenthesis in several areas

Started by jsx, April 25, 2013, 01:06:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kays

If you just uploaded the new files, that should be good enough since there have been no changes made to the database.

Did uninstalling the chat mod help any?

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

Kindred

you don't need to run the update....  the upgrade files are only needed to actually do an upgrade.

In this case, you just need a clean set of files with no mods, no edits..... clean.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

SimpleJoe

Hosting Simple Machines since YaBB -- One of the first SMF Forum Hosting providers with Chat and FTP for the inner developer in us all.

jsx

Uninstaling NChat doesn't help. Tomorrow I upgrade files from large package, I need to ask in order not to have a problem later, will be enough, that I will throw all files from package on FTP and that's all? I don't need to did nothing else?

I will uninstall NChat through with throwing files, and whether update 2.0.3 i 2.0.4 I must also uninstall or not?

Kindred

no...  official updates are patches to the code and do not need to be uninstalled.

again, just overwrite your forum files with files from the large upgrade
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

jsx

@Kindred so I supposed to throw contents of the package on FTP:

attachments
cache
Packages
Smileys
Sources
Themes
agreement
index.php
license
news_readme
readme
SSI.php
ssi_examples.php
ssi_examples.shtml
subscriptions.php

However I'm not throw files:

upgrade.php
upgrade_1-0.sql
upgrade_1-1.sql
upgrade_2-0_mysql.sql
upgrade_2-0_postgresql.sql
upgrade_2-0_sqlite.sql

Yes or not? I need to know in order to not have a problem with the forum then

Kays

For a start, just replace the files in the Sources  folder. If that doesn't do it, then replace the files in the Themes folder.

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

Kindred

kays... no, he should replace it all at once. Don't leave any files in a possibly badly edited state...

rimh... essentially, yes...  but you probably don't need to bother with attachments, avatars, Packages or smileys
Слaва
Украинi

jsx

Ok men, I will set last question, if I load/change previous files with these new files, it won't appear no mistake after the amendment to index.php and these four other files?

index.php
SSI.php
ssi_examples.php
ssi_examples.shtml
subscriptions.php

Kindred

ummm.... what?

you need to overwrite the files in the root, Sources and Themes/default directories (and subdirectories)
those files are the files in the root... so, yes. overwrite those as well.
Слaва
Украинi

jsx

Previously I asked, whether I was supposed to replace these all files on the FTP:

attachments
cache
Packages
Smileys
Sources
Themes
agreement
index.php
license
news_readme
readme
SSI.php
ssi_examples.php
ssi_examples.shtml
subscriptions.php

You wrote, that yes, so I asked one more time, whether if I load file index.php and other php files, so:

SSI.php
ssi_examples.php
ssi_examples.shtml
subscriptions.php

Nothing happen with forum? Whether I'm supposed not to load of these php files? Just only Sources and Themes file, you understand?

Kindred

you seem confused.

Sources, etc -- those are DIRECTORIES, not files.
and yes, I said that you should be overwriting all of the FILES in those directories --- INCLUDING the files in the forum root directory.

So, YES, index.php, SSI.php, etc...
Слaва
Украинi

jsx

I loaded everything almost Avatars file, because I thing that I don't need to overwrite this. Unfortunately nothing helped, the space is still in that parentheses

Drunken Clam

Quote from: rimh101 on April 29, 2013, 04:02:19 AM
@Kays thanks for the understanding.

Kays I have install modification NChat (shoutbox), I moved it into the bottom part of forum behind: Mark ALL messages as read

I set this according to this instruction: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=429695.msg3404011#msg3404011

which gave me a user beanflying. Maybe this problem appeared through NChat.

Unfortunately I have a forum on private localhost so you can't enter on my forum.

Long time ago I did the conversion from SMF 1.1.16 to SMF 2.0x

#justsaying

Kindred

OK let's be clear

1- you loaded fresh files, fully, as instructed?
2- are you using a custom theme?
3- are you using english as a language? (do note that english is different from english utf-8)
4- did you clear your browser cache? (load the page and then press ctrl-f5)

now - do note: this will reset your files to the default, which means that ALL SPACES WILL BE BACK.
However, IIRC, at some point, the spaces because offset (space in one spot and not in the other)

This should make everything even again and we can start over again
Слaва
Украинi

Drunken Clam

Arantor

Going back to the start of this thread, this isn't a publicly accessible site and therefore the URL is useless.

Drunken Clam

Quote from: Arantor on May 03, 2013, 03:54:35 PM
Going back to the start of this thread, this isn't a publicly accessible site and therefore the URL is useless.
Precisely!

jsx

1. Yes, I loaded everything from Large upgrade package
2. Yes, I used a custom theme, but as I wrote, space is on every other template
3. I'm not using a english language as a basic language on forum, but after turn on english language there's also this space in parentheses. I think, that the language has nothing to it.
4. I cleaned everything in browse and it doesn't help
5. I think, that bug with space in parentheses appears in database, something is wrong in one of section.

I don't change on FTP files:

Settings.php
Settings_bak.php

Because Large upgrade package doesn't have them. I write about it so that will be clear, that I loaded everything what was in Large upgrade package

Kindred

ok. good.

Now, to be clear, I want to you to confirm the places you are seeing spaces, where you don't want them....
(and no I am fairly certain that this has nothing to do with the database)

to confirm:
on the BOARDindex, in the INFO CENTER
Latest Post: " test unliked event pos..." by Test Administrator ( February 14, 2013, 12:47:38 PM )

Is there anywhere else?
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: