New topic will not display the complete characters... And now a fatal error ..

Started by 0770, April 27, 2013, 12:47:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hi,

I have just started a new forum on SMF and upgraded to 2.0.4 from 2.0.2. However, ever since I am using 2.0.2 any new topic i post on my form will not show completely, it will show only half of it. I have cheeked the characters limit which is set to 0. When I select preview it shows me the complete topic but, after posting it gulps the half of the message and it happened with all of the posts. May be you can visit the forum and have a look on hxxp:forum.3-dots.in [nonactive]

Or do i have to make any changes in the code??

Please Help.

Thanks in advance!!

:)

Kindred

let me guess.... you are pasting from Word... aren't you?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Yes I believe so. When I edit the message, by clicking on modify which is under the message, and paste again, then I am able to post the complete message. I was wondering whether the members of my forum will have to go through the same stage...

Kindred

you are pasting from word, and using a non-utf-8 forum.....   so, yes, everyone will encounter this error in any paste that has those silly, junky, "smart quotes"

You have two options
1- convert to UTF-8, forum and database
2- don't paste from word
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Thank you, I think I will convert it to utf-8, but now there is another problem, a fatal error .. It says ..
Fatal error: Class 'Sharethis' not found in /home/dotsin/public_html/forum/Sources/Who.php on line 737

This happens as soon as I click on the admin panel.

I might have just deleted sharethis from the application manager .. But I hope it can be uninstalled manually through the file manager of cpanel ....

Kindred

yeah, you apparently have a partiall installed or partially uninstalled mod.

mod specific questions should be asked in the support thread for that mod.
The sharethis mod, IIRC handles itself almost completely through hooks...   so, you probably have a bad database setting after deleting the mod.
Слaва
Украинi

kat

Deleting a mod is suicidal. (By "Application Manager", one assumes you mean "Package Manager"). You have to uninstall them.

Try uploading the mod, still archived, into your "packages" directory. Then, you can attempt to uninstall it.

You REALLY ought to familiarise yourself with things, before just going ahead and doing weird things, that can be destructive, 0070.

Have a look around, here:

http://wiki.simplemachines.org

You might learn some useful things. ;)

Advertisement: