Banned Sub Forum

Started by Capt. John, April 27, 2013, 05:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Road Rash Jr.

Quote from: Capt. John on April 27, 2013, 09:02:55 PM
Quote from: Arantor on April 27, 2013, 09:00:47 PM
Gee let me think about that for a moment.

If you can't access the forum, you can't send PMs.

If you can't log into the forum, you can't send PMs.

The only debatable one for even a moment is post bans, but post bans include PM bans in SMF. I learned from this and in my rewrite I deliberately separated them out for that reason.
Don't be an asshole man, if you cannot answer others questions with courtesy, get off the support team, or don't even try to answer. End of story.

Kind Regards,

Capt. John.

He can't help it. Ever since he started playing both sides against the middle he seems to have lost his identity. And his sense of decency

I use the banned members group myself and it is effective. Give then access to one area only they can see and they won't bother any of the regular users.
Never argue with an Idiot like myself, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Arantor

You must have a short memory. I was like this years ago. No patience for people who don't read what's in front of them and less for ****** stirrers like you.

Chalky

To the OP, why not just install the contact form mod so that guests (which is what banned members would be as long as you don't ban their IPs also) can use that to contact admin and appeal their case that way.  Although I can't imagine why you would want to give banned members the right to appeal if they deserved a ban in the first place.  If you want to give them the chance of reprieve, why not just use the warning system instead?

xrunner

Quote from: Capt. John on April 27, 2013, 05:02:46 PM
I want a sub forum to allow banned members to appeal about their ban and discuss, but reg. members/guests cannot see it,

Another thing I'd like to mention (in case you don't do this) is that leading up to a permanent ban I'd assume you would have gone up the chain of warnings, watched status, moderated status, and perhaps several lengths of bans such as 24 hrs, 72 hrs, 1 week. All this time they would have been communicating with staff both during the warnings and when they got back from the temp. bans. If after all that they still don't "get it" and eventually deserve a permanent ban, I doubt there'd be all that much to appeal.  :-\

Capt. John

Topic: Solved

It isnt a big deal, i was just curious :)
http://www.pumping-iron.netau.net

If you enjoy weight lifting, check out our site!
(more features included!)

Advertisement: