Slower forum

Started by Portugal, April 29, 2013, 10:16:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Portugal

Hi all,

Well my problem this time....is speed..:) well my forum since a few days, was really slower, i just see all, and no big changes on that speed as done, any sugest to really make a test to get the possibile reason to this??
Any sugest i apreciate!

SMF version, 2.0.4, with simpleportal 2.3.5

Thanks in advance.

ApplianceJunk

Maybe a hosting issue? Have you asked your host about your site being slow?

Portugal

Thanks for help,

Yes, i ask to my hosting service and they says...all its normal, and no problems with. To see if this was really true, ive instaled another forum (just for testes) and in fact...it works very very fast...normal way. For that i think in fact the problem was on my forum..

Thanks

Quote from: ApplianceJunk on April 29, 2013, 10:18:23 AM
Maybe a hosting issue? Have you asked your host about your site being slow?

ApplianceJunk

Can you post a link to your forum?

Portugal

It looks like cicles..works good for a 5 min...and after...goes almost down...for a time, and it cames again...for more other cicle.

Thanks in advance

TheDragon

if you host on GoDaddy
it will ALWAYS get worse
it is the way they source they MySql DataBase locations
(I am not bashing them - I am their client for almost 20 years - and have been feuding with them on this for 5 years
with TONS of documented proof)
they STILL deny their fault

so . . . for any site that needs a forum
I host on Host Gator = blazing fast for all my forums

Portugal

Maybe you right TheDragon, maybe it is...the database conection...i agree, for that i need to have some sure on this...to insists on with the hosting service.

Thanks
Quote from: TheDragon on April 29, 2013, 10:35:08 AM
if you host on GoDaddy
it will ALWAYS get worse
it is the way they source they MySql DataBase locations
(I am not bashing them - I am their client for almost 20 years - and have been feuding with them on this for 5 years
with TONS of documented proof)
they STILL deny their fault

so . . . for any site that needs a forum
I host on Host Gator = blazing fast for all my forums

TheDragon

make sure you have the option in your site that tells the seconds the page is created
and take a few screen shots
(even with this, and then I made screen capture videos
(not so easy years ago)
they still said -= not their fault

my humble forum for my gamers clan
took from 2 - 15 seconds per query or post
I backuped the site and reload on Host Gator
ie  ALL the same
and NEVER took over 1 second

same thing when  I made a new forum with v2
ergo
now = never forum oh GoDaddy for me

tumbleweed

Check your error logs in SMF and in your providers control panel. Depending on how your provider has his system setup you may also have error logs in your webspace Check for that via FTP).
G.C. SOLUTIONS - Hosting Quality Sites Since 2006. Experience Your Forums On A Whole New Level
Elastic Sites Stress Fast CPU/Ram Upgrades- More Info Here.
Reviews By SMF Forum Owners - Read Our Rev

Portugal

On SMF errors log, nothing happens relationated with that insue...the usual members passwords errors and else. On server, i will go to see it...later.

Thanks in advance.

Quote from: tumbleweed on April 29, 2013, 12:45:19 PM
Check your error logs in SMF and in your providers control panel. Depending on how your provider has his system setup you may also have error logs in your webspace Check for that via FTP).

Colin

Have you contacted them? They have a notorious reputation in the hosting world, but you never know if they might be able to resolve what ever is causing the long page loads.
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

Ken_GoDaddy

@Portugal,

I'm with Go Daddy and came across your post.

Are you still continuing to run into slowness issues?

If so I would like to assist. Please feel free to reply or send me a private message with additional information on your site.

Also

@TheDragon,

If there is any feedback you can provide us that would help us in improving our services I am all ears!

Feel free to send me a private message with any additional information you would like to share.

TheDragon

PM sent to Ken_GoDaddy

SimpleJoe

Not to be paranoid, but be sure never to give any password details etc. to a member who just registered on the forum. But you would want to go directly through the Host's support team if giving any non-public info.

ps: if that is GoDaddy responding, then welcome to the forum :)
Hosting Simple Machines since YaBB -- One of the first SMF Forum Hosting providers with Chat and FTP for the inner developer in us all.

Arantor

I believe Ken has confirmed with staff members here that he is a legitimate member of GoDaddy's team.

TheDragon

Quote from: SimpleJoe on May 02, 2013, 10:41:31 AM
Not to be paranoid, but be sure never to give any password details etc. to a member who just registered on the forum. But you would want to go directly through the Host's support team if giving any non-public info.

ps: if that is GoDaddy responding, then welcome to the forum :)

sure

I just gave him detals of the error logs I sent to GoDaddy over the years
(no need to trash them too hard in the open)
and gave him my URL at GoDaddy
so he can contact me thru that route

but = thanks for the "warning"
even if he had xx,000 posts
still not share private data

ps been with GoDaddy since early 90's
all in all = give them 10 stars for all the tech support
maybe only twice had to ask for supervisor for support

Portugal

Hello people,

Problem solved, thanks to all for your support, in fact the insue was not of my forum (SMF) but came from my hosting service, like other times when i needed them, this time as solved as fast as possibile, i understand how hard is to have all servers working for so long time whithout failurs.
Thanks again to all.

Best regards, from Portugal

Colin

Quote from: Arantor on May 02, 2013, 10:43:00 AM
I believe Ken has confirmed with staff members here that he is a legitimate member of GoDaddy's team.

Correct.
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

Ken_GoDaddy

@TheDragon,

I'm glad to hear you have had great experiences with our support.

I did receive your private message and have replied back to you.

Advertisement: