News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

404/403 and Censored Words

Started by High_Noonan, April 29, 2013, 09:07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

High_Noonan

Hi, folks.

I am getting the 404/403 error message on my Namecheap hosted SMF 2.0.4 site.
QuoteForbidden

You don't have permission to access /index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
This error only pops up when certain words are used in a post, and what they are is kind of shocking.
My site is used my a handful of middle-aged parents, mostly talking about gardening and occasionally something as exciting as developmental issues with kids in their children's classes. The error was discovered when one of the users tried to post about r-i-t-a-l-i-n, but I have recently run into the issue myself when I had a cold and needed some Sudafed D, which contains pseudo Eff adrine. If we type those words properly, we get the error. It is really bizarre. And, trust me, we've tried all kinds of words. The usual suspects work just fine, thank you very much.  ;D

I have censoring unchecked and then set to allow user to change the setting in both themes (Curve and Core). As far as I have been able to find from searching here, nothing should be censored at this point, and yet these remain. It is really very odd.

These are my installed mods:
1.   SMF 2.0.4 Update   1.0
2.   SMF 2.0.3 Update   1.0
3.   Vimeo_bbc_code_Mod   1.0
4.   Tapatalk SMF 2.0 RC5/Final Plugin   3.2.1
5.   Table Plus BBCodes   1.2
6.   Karma Description Mod   2.7.1
7.   Aeva ~ Auto-Embed Video & Audio   7.2
8.   Users Online Today   2.0
9.   Inline Hover Spoiler   1.5

Pretty basic stuff.

Does anyone have any ideas on what I am missing?

Arantor

Your host is using a thing called mod_security. Ask them to turn it off. It's catching the posts as 'likely containing spam' and blocking them before they get to SMF.

High_Noonan

I will definitely do that.
Thanks.

kat

As you've not come back, to this, HN, I'm gonna mark it having been solved.

If it's still giving you hassles, just mark it as being not solved and we'll see what we can do. :)

Advertisement: