News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Registering new users

Started by jolewis, October 11, 2013, 01:53:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jolewis

Hi I am new to smf and I am looking for advice on the best way to register a group of users for my on line community. My forum is a closed forum where I already have a list of users who should be allowed on the site. I would like to have the following happen:

1. Once I create the account, I would like the  user to go to the registration page and set a user name and password and upload an avatar. After submitting they need to confirm they agreement.
2. If they user's first and last name is found in the DB, then they can log in immediately. If not found, a message is displayed to contact the site admin.
3. No one can register with the site if their name is not already in the database.

Is there a way to perform a bulk upload of names to the database within smf administration or do I have to go thru my hosting console?

thanks so much

SMF 2.0.5

Burke ♞ Knight

Would it not be best to set to admin approval in registration settings?
That way, can have them register, and you approve the ones you want, and reject those you do not want.

margarett

I'm sorry but, for the most part, it will not happen...

Quote from: jolewis on October 11, 2013, 01:53:42 PM
1. Once I create the account, I would like the  user to go to the registration page and set a user name and password and upload an avatar. After submitting they need to confirm they agreement.
2. If they user's first and last name is found in the DB, then they can log in immediately. If not found, a message is displayed to contact the site admin.
3. No one can register with the site if their name is not already in the database.
That's WAYYYYY different than the existing mechanism, sorry :(

Quote from: jolewis on October 11, 2013, 01:53:42 PM
Is there a way to perform a bulk upload of names to the database within smf administration or do I have to go thru my hosting console?
No, there isn't. You *might* be able to get some way to bulk-add users but it would have to be something "custom-made"...
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

jolewis

Advertisement: