News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

tried uninstalling portal BANG fatal errors

Started by unoit, May 01, 2013, 05:07:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

unoit

tried uninstalling portal BANG errors  :o

Warning: require_once(//home/u850127391/public_html/Sources/DreamPortal.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/u850127391/public_html/index.php on line 55 Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '//home/u850127391/public_html/Sources/DreamPortal.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php') in /home/u850127391/public_html/index.php on line 55

cant get into my site at all.any suggestions??

Shambles

Wouldn't the DreamPortal team be better placed to handle this query?

Just a thought.

unoit

no I don't thing so.

where do I find line 55 anyone?  :'(

kat

It'll be in the index.php file, that's in the root of your forum (Where Settings.php is).

Chalky

Open the file with a proper text editor like Notepad++ so you can see the line numbers.

(It took me ages to think of a reply that wasn't "between lines 54 and 56" - sorry  O:) )

unoit

thanks for the answers but have no clue what to do. ???

unoit

I know ill delete the whole thing & start again. :P
I really hate forums. :-\

Chalky

Quote from: unoit on May 01, 2013, 06:20:41 AM
thanks for the answers but have no clue what to do. ???

Use FTP to connect to your forum directory http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/FTP_-_How_do_I_use_FTP and download index.php to your computer to look at it.

You really might be better asking the Dream Portal team about the error though, since it's related to their mod.

Kindred

actually, Shambles and Chalkcat are completely correct.

When you have an issue with a specific mod, the support thread for that mod is the correct place to address those issues. This includes uninstalling.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

MrPhil

In the error message it lists a path //home/.... You might try looking around in your Settings.php file and any DP-specific configuration file(s) to see if there is a typo in there (giving //home instead of /home in a path).

unoit

cheers guys for your help, I ended up deleting the site & started it again.

why I posted it here, this has been an on going problem nealy every time I un install a portal this problem happens.Only this time I thought I would try & fix it without re installing. its happened with dream portal & portamx a few times. >:(

so iam thinking there might be a little problem with the package manger un installer. ;)

Kindred

well did you get any errors on the uninstall?

Because I have installed and uninstalled mods including portal mods on many sites since 2.0 came out and had no problems at all, if I apid attention to the warnings that told me when there was a problem with the auto installer or uninstaller
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

unoit

no warnings come up. if they do I don't attempt.

Kindred

then you have issues in your system, somewhere. :P Possibly a chmod/chown issue, possibly something else... but if there were no errors, then mods shoudl correctly install and uninstall just fine. :)
Слaва
Украинi

unoit

ok now package manger don't work at all.  :-\

Kindred

Package manager does not work at all is hardly a good description of a problem.
HOW does it not work? HOW does it fail?

White page? error? what?
Слaва
Украинi

Storman™

Try creating a temp directory in the Packages folder and chmod it 777 whilst installing.

unoit

I get nothing just a white page.
I went into file premissions & in  there I found settings php it says not writeable chmod.
has anything to do with that.

unoit

just checked my other site it says the same so cant be that. O:)

Advertisement: