News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Need Help With With New Forum Name

Started by Retro Lad, May 01, 2013, 05:02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Account Abandoned

Haha, yes. My Grandma is from East Germany, when she gets mad, she uses it quite often >_< Gets me going all the time.

In fact she will start speaking in complete German while looking at me, knowing that I have no clue what she is saying...

kat

You could get some good stories about similar things from Runic, you know. His granny was German, too.

Retro Lad

You guys came up with some great ones. I love retrogasm, lol. I went with Retro Buffs. I took it out of maintenance mode just a bit ago if you want to check it out: www.retrobuffs.com . I'd love your suggestions. Just go easy. It's my first ever, lol.

kat

You've even got the theme looking quite retro!

Good stuff! Let's hope it's a success. :)

Chalky

It does look good indeed!  Good luck with it :)

Retro Lad

Thank you for the kind words! I tried to make it look as retro as possible. So, I've built it. Now I just hope they'll come, lol

dimspace

Quote from: ChalkCat on May 01, 2013, 06:00:58 PM
I like the "retro" too...  Retrotopia?  Retrophoria?

Retro works for me, and I really like Retrophoria..

or how about Retroforia :D

but retrobuffs works well..

dimspace

And looks good by the way..

Only small complaint, for a retro site whos users may well be of a certain age (like myself), gawd that fonts small.. :D I had to zoom in to 160% to read it..

Retro Lad

Quote from: dimspace on May 05, 2013, 01:17:32 PM
And looks good by the way..

Only small complaint, for a retro site whos users may well be of a certain age (like myself), gawd that fonts small.. :D I had to zoom in to 160% to read it..

I was actually thinking the same thing. Is there a way to change this in the admin panel or do I have to change code?

mashby

BEFORE:
/* Set a fontsize that will look the same in all browsers. */
body
{
background: #d1d1d1 url(../images/_Stone/theme/backdrop.png) repeat;
font: 70%/130% "Georgia", "Verdana", "Arial", "Helvetica", sans-serif;
margin: 0 auto;
padding: 15px 5%;
}

AFTER:
/* Set a fontsize that will look the same in all browsers. */
body
{
background: #d1d1d1 url(../images/_Stone/theme/backdrop.png) repeat;
font: 78%/130% "Georgia", "Verdana", "Arial", "Helvetica", sans-serif;
margin: 0 auto;
padding: 15px 5%;
}
Makes it more readable/bigger. :)
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

Retro Lad

Thank you Mashby! I  increased it to 80% from 70%.

Does that look better Dimspace?

dimspace

yeh, thats better, i dont have to zoom anymore :D

Irisado

Looks like a promising forum.  I may well sign up :).

I'm not quite sure about brown as a colour, but it's not off putting either.  Otherwise, it looks great though.  A sensible layout, and you haven't gone overboard with boards, which is good.

I also like the final choice of name.

Just one thing.  It's 80s without an apostrophe.  If you're going to be talking about years gone by, I think that it's important not to make that little mistake as the site admin ;).
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Retro Lad

Quote from: Irisado on May 07, 2013, 12:01:22 PM
Looks like a promising forum.  I may well sign up :).

I'm not quite sure about brown as a colour, but it's not off putting either.  Otherwise, it looks great though.  A sensible layout, and you haven't gone overboard with boards, which is good.

I also like the final choice of name.

Just one thing.  It's 80s without an apostrophe.  If you're going to be talking about years gone by, I think that it's important not to make that little mistake as the site admin ;).

Thank you for you for the compliments! I looked around forever to try and find the most retro-looking skin that I could, and this was it. I would honestly like the text area to be more of a tan, than the brown, but until I have time to learn to customize it myself, it'll have to to do.

I didn't realize I made the apostrophe errors, lol. I'll change them now. Thank you for joining. :) I will try and make it as exciting and active as possible.

Advertisement: