This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it.

Started by Retro Lad, May 06, 2013, 09:24:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Retro Lad

I am receiving this error on my XML sitemap. http://retrobuffs.com/sitemap.xml

What is the fix for it? I am using Akyhne's Curve Minimal Multicolor - Stone theme. Google does not seem to have a problem with the sitemap that I submitted to them?

Thank you!

Arantor

That's not an error. That's absolutely as expected. Sitemaps aren't for you to look at, they are designed for a machine to process and if Google doesn't have a problem, that's because they don't have a problem... it's data to be processed by a machine and it won't 'look' at it!

Retro Lad

Good to know, thank you! Is there a way to remove all of that from the footer if it is unnecessary? I know we have to keep the SMF and theme creator credits, but why thes?

XHTML RSS Sitemap XMLWAP2

Thanks again Arantor. I know I have a lot of noobish questions.

Arantor

Ask the mod's author. I don't know why they added it in the first place to be honest.

Kindred

oh... and you can remove any of those footer things, if you like
(most of them can be turned off in admin anyway)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Retro Lad

Quote from: Kindred on May 06, 2013, 12:06:04 PM
oh... and you can remove any of those footer things, if you like
(most of them can be turned off in admin anyway)

Where would I find this option? I went to admin>Current theme and there isn't the option.

Contacting the author is not likely an option. I posted a question directly on his forum a week ago and no answer. There doesn't seem to have been any answers to anything in a year or too, lol. This leads me to want to switch themes entirely, but, I have not found any other theme, free or paid, that has the same retro feel to it.

MrPhil

The theme has nothing to do with the sitemap mod copyright. If the mod's license requires you to display the copyright, you are free to remove the mod and use another one. If it says nothing about displaying the copyright on your pages, go ahead and remove the copyright. Whether a particular copyright is displayed is normally independent of the theme in use. You can check with the default theme by either switching to it or adding ;theme=1 to the end of the URL.

Kindred

well, it looks like the sitemap link has probably been added to index.template.php and, if you want to get rid of the xhtml and the wap2 links, you'll probably have to edit them out in the same file...

the RSS is activated in the news section
index.php?action=admin;area=news;sa=settings#xmlnews_enable

Mr. Phil.... it's not a copyright.
it's just the link to the sitemap, which is XML and not readble by normal/non tehcnical humans
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: