vBulletin 4.0 conversion to SMF 2.0 error

Started by Invincible_58, May 04, 2013, 05:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Invincible_58

My whole wanting to move is due to one of my co-admins providing us with vBulletin software and then leaving. We can't do upgrades or anything without him. Is there any way to get a conversion going without his help? I've been contacting him for months but to no avail. Running the conversion recently, I kept getting this error:

QuoteSorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of vBulletin 4.0. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the Database account used does not have permissions to access it.

The error that was received from the Database was: SELECT command denied to user '***_***'@'localhost' for table 'vb_user'

Is there a way I can go in and change it to where I will have permission to access it or do I need him in order to complete the conversion. If so, I'm screwed for life.

Antes

Hello,

Well you have to add your SMF user (via your control panel) to vBulletin db so converter can read data from vBulletin db.

Converting to SMF

Invincible_58

Quote from: Antes on May 04, 2013, 05:30:54 PM
Hello,

Well you have to add your SMF user (via your control panel) to vBulletin db so converter can read data from vBulletin db.

Converting to SMF

Thank you so much for your help. it worked.

Invincible_58

I'm getting another error. it reads:

Converting posts (this may take some time)...
Successful.
Converting polls... Successful.
Converting poll options... Successful.
Converting poll votes... Successful.
Converting personal messages (step 1)... Successful.
Converting personal messages (step 2)... Successful.
Converting topic notifications... Successful.
Converting board notifications... Successful.
Converting smileys... Successful.
Converting attachments... Successful.
Converting avatars... Successful.
Recalculating forum statistics... Duplicate column name 'id_member'

Any help?

Antes

Calculating statistics is kinda buggy in all converters AFAIK, can you please go to your forum (SMF) and check everything is okay? Probably all your data (Topics/Boards/Avatars/Attachments) converted successfully. If you don't have any missing data please go to your admin panel and do maintenance.

Admin > Maintenance > Forum Maintenance > Routine

- Find and repair any errors
- Recount all forum totals and statistics

You are done :) If you need further help feel free to ask

Welcome to world of SMF :P

Invincible_58

Quote from: Antes on May 05, 2013, 03:47:10 AM
Calculating statistics is kinda buggy in all converters AFAIK, can you please go to your forum (SMF) and check everything is okay? Probably all your data (Topics/Boards/Avatars/Attachments) converted successfully. If you don't have any missing data please go to your admin panel and do maintenance.

Admin > Maintenance > Forum Maintenance > Routine

- Find and repair any errors
- Recount all forum totals and statistics

You are done :) If you need further help feel free to ask

Welcome to world of SMF :P

Done! Thanks again for your help and for the welcome, I like SMF already.

Advertisement: