News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Template parse error

Started by Itchigotim, May 09, 2013, 03:46:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchigotim

lol. I could've probably handled that. I used to work on video games/pinballs/jukeboxes. But I didn't get into computers by choice. I thought they were taking over our lives and we wouldn't be able to do anything for ourselves. Glad to see I was wrong.... :D

Who would be interested in working on this? I should say we are a small donation run site, so I can't offer more than my thanks, well and some games for your laptop that we have up for download.
Roguepinball: ¡¡ɟooɹ ǝɥʇ uo ǝʇıs ןןɐquıd ʇsǝq ǝɥʇ

kat

If you want that as a background, it's not terribly difficult to do, if I remember rightly.

Have a look at this:

http://playing.twaddlehosting.co.uk/index.php?theme=14

See how the background stays static, when you scroll up and down?

Chalky

You can't do much scrolling when all you see is the login page  ;)

kat

Ah. I thought guests could see the portal. :P

Chalky

No, all we guests can see is a quality artistic image and the login box ;)

kat

Can they see some parts, now?

Chalky

kat

Poo. Well, in a nutshell, the background stays put and everything else scrolls up and down, over it.

Arantor

background-attachment: fixed is a wonderful thing

kat

So are boobies.

Sorry, I got distracted... I just read Chalky's "Meet the weirdos" topic. ;)

Itchigotim

I think a background would make my place harder to read. But I am open to all sorts of stuff.

kat

When you posted the pic, I kinda assumed it was for a background.

Thing is, if you make such images a full background, the colours will swamp the text.

If it wasn't for a background, where do you want it,?

Itchigotim

I don't want it, I was just showing what you can download.

kat

Oh, right! DOH!@ME! :)

I quite enjoyed Pinball Fantasies, on the Amiga. I liked the real life Terminator one, too. Pity I never found that table for a computer... :(

Itchigotim

Not a problem. You mean this one? With the software we use (freeware) anything done in the last, well, ever, can be re-created. We have what we call "desktop" versions (played on a laptop 4:3 or widescreen) or full screen. Fullscreen is a hi def tv turned sideways, specifically for pinball. The only thing you need is a good computer with a decent graphics card.

I reread everything and found I missed answering Colin's question. We are using Dark Classic as a theme.

I work the next 4 days, so I'll only be around a limited time during then (fri-mon), usually in the evenings 6-8pm cst. If anyone is interested in working on helping me with this, please let me know.

kat

I think your site looks pretty groovy, as it is, myself. No point in making things look too cluttered, ay? ;)

Nope. The Terminator one that I remember had a kinda gun thing, on the right. When the ball went in it, it swivelled and you had to shoot the ball from the gun thing, at targets. Mid-late eighties?

Itchigotim

Thank you. :)

I'm guessing late 80's to early 90's myself, but that's about the time I left the business.

I don't think we have a lot planned in terms of appearance, maybe adding some packages, though. But not until we get this fixed, no need to make this worse. :-[

Itchigotim

What else can I look at/for about fixing this? I'm fully backed up. :)
No recent packages have been installed in about a month, but I don't think this problem goes quite that far back. I can't get into the package manager to see what's there, because of this error.

Kindred

Sorry. Pm me the URL, and account login info and il will try to take a look at it tomorrow or Monday.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Itchigotim

Thank you, PM sent, but I don't see a copy in my sent folder. It says it went through though.

Advertisement: