Main Menu

2.0 to 2.0.4

Started by NeedIt, May 09, 2013, 02:02:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

NeedIt

Quote from: Arantor on May 09, 2013, 04:22:05 PM
Call what back?

The hosting company and make sure all files in Package and Package itself has FULL CONTROL.  If I'm missing your point, let me knwo.

Arantor

Sort of...

You have to make sure Packages, and then Sources and Themes and every folder and file within...

NeedIt

Quote from: Arantor on May 09, 2013, 05:16:43 PM
Sort of...

You have to make sure Packages, and then Sources and Themes and every folder and file within...

Sorry I didn't quite understand that originally as there are no such folders under the Package directory and I assumed my forum would not function without those.  But I will ask about those just to make sure.

Arantor

No, there aren't. That's because I wasn't talking about that. I was talking about the MAIN Sources and Themes folders where the rest of SMF is located. Seeing how the package manager does find/replaces on the MAIN SMF code, it sort of needs to be able to modify the actual SMF files...

Colin

Out of curiosity did your hosting company try to tell you the issue was because you were running Windows thus it wouldn't be able to handle tars?
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

NeedIt

The first guy told me that but I pushed per the suggestions on this thread and found out - knock on wood - how to handle the permissions in Plesk File Manager.  The issue was just what you guys said.

Question:  I successfully ran the install from 2.0.1 to 2.0.2.  However, when I got to the very bottom of my home page, it still says 2.0.1.  Where can I prove that the install was really successful by seeing a new version number?

NeedIt

I successfully installed the 2.0.2 mod - woo hoo my first mod! - and it shows the green dot next to it in package manager, so I assume that's a good sign.

Anyway, just now I uploaded the 2.0.3 mod and the 2.0.4 mod using FTP technique.  These do show up in the package manager.  However, there is not an option to Install Now next to these.  All it says is List Files.

What would cause this behavior and what do I do?

TheListener

Firstly which mod.

Have a look at the mod emulate link in my sig which will explain what to do.

NeedIt

Quote from: Old Fossil on May 10, 2013, 02:23:31 PM
Firstly which mod.

Have a look at the mod emulate link in my sig which will explain what to do.

Okay, I just installed the 2.0.1 to 2.0.2 mod.  Then I was trying to do the 2.0.2 to 2.0.3 mod.  (After that I want to do the 2.0.3 to 2.0.4 mod, but one thing at a time I guess.)

So, again, it's the 2.0.2 to 2.0.3 mod that does not have the Install Now.

One question:  after I did the install of the 2.0.1 to 2.0.2, it did not change the version down at the very bottom of my home page.  Does this mean I did something or something went wrong?

TheListener

Quotejust installed the 2.0.1 to 2.0.2 mod.

You just repeated the first post without answering my question.

NeedIt

Quote from: Old Fossil on May 10, 2013, 02:29:22 PM
Quotejust installed the 2.0.1 to 2.0.2 mod.

You just repeated the first post without answering my question.

Okay, well, I'm sorry I'm not sure I totally understand the question.  I want to install the 2.0.2 to 2.0.3 mod and I am not sure what that is called?  Sorry - not being difficult - but I don't understand what else you are looking for.

Also, I did the emulation and it shows this in the text box if that helps:

SMF 2.0.1

But I did not do anything else as I want to read what you have to say before I pull the trigger...

TheListener

Is it a mod you are stalling or an upgrade.

Do you have a forum link we can view?

An image may help us understand more too.

Drunken Clam

Old Fossil, a bit of background can be found   HERE

TheListener

Thanks Clam.

If as it seems the problem is with the ad mod then the OP should use the mods support topic.

NeedIt

Quote from: Old Fossil on May 10, 2013, 02:39:40 PM
Thanks Clam.

If as it seems the problem is with the ad mod then the OP should use the mods support topic.

No, I'm not doing the Ad Mod yet.  Sorry - one sec as I'm trying to locate the download link that I used.  I can't remember if it was called Upgrade or what.

Kindred

merged topics - please don't open a new topic if you already have asked the question in another topic.

Fossil...  nope.   I suspect that the 2.0.2 patch did not get fully applied. The note that the forum copyright still red 2.0.1 suggests that. --- and that is why the system is not added an install link next to the 2.0.3 patch ---   because the system still thinks that it is running 2.0.1
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

TheListener

Thanks for the update Kindred.

NeedIt

Quote from: Kindred on May 10, 2013, 02:46:24 PM
merged topics - please don't open a new topic if you already have asked the question in another topic.

Fossil...  nope.   I suspect that the 2.0.2 patch did not get fully applied. The note that the forum copyright still red 2.0.1 suggests that. --- and that is why the system is not added an install link next to the 2.0.3 patch ---   because the system still thinks that it is running 2.0.1

K.  Sorry.  I didn't know if you allowed bumps?

NeedIt

Quote from: Old Fossil on May 10, 2013, 02:50:32 PM
Thanks for the update Kindred.

Okay, I found it.  It was an Upgrade - sorry I used the wrong term.

Here is the link to the downloads that I have been doing.  I used FTP to load them into the Packages folder and I had to go into Plesk File Mgr in order to alter permissions for it to work. 

http://custom.simplemachines.org/upgrades/

Advertisement: