News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Its been ...

Started by Runic, May 10, 2013, 10:01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deaks

Would you believe its been 2 months since I became PM, and I do see some small steps myself, but I wont deny a long way to go, and the hill is getting steep.  I am proud of a few things I have done in the 2 months.  I have had to make a few hard choices, and its not been helping with University coming to an end and reports and exams.  But I am pushing through, and hope to post bit more when semester ends and I am FREE!!

So before I move on I want to say a BIG THANK YOU!! to the team, for me seeing more activity from you guys and gals is epicly amazing.

So what have I done well, I was hoping for a nice peaceful start and for most part it was, couple of headaches but I have had great support from the team, that have helped a lot.  I have had to say farewell to one team member as he requested time on the Grey side, also on the friend topic I had to make an inactive team member grey, happy that he understands when I spoke to him on facebook.  Both like most friends are welcome back if they wish, if team says yay (we are trying to be a democracy).

With badges, I was happy to see when my good friend redone requested his friends badge back, he requested it to be removed after the events of 2010.   I am also happy to welcome back a few known faces into the team, shadow82x, Mick. and OldFossil.  Also to welcome a lady that everyone loves, Chalkcat who has established herself as the new mother and is requesting we keep the team boards tidy from our rubbish.  The team will also be having its first "Team Meeting" within the next few days, something that was done for a while but stopped, been requested to start back for a while.

I am happy to see the support still for myself coming from the community and from the team base, its re-assuring when people say nice things.

To close I want to say a big thank you to everyone that's helping with support, its not easy providing support, and its easy to make mistakes and to get agitated, but its by forgiving, moving forward and working together we can move SMF back to where it should be.

Yours for SMF.

Bryan
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

LiroyvH

You've been doing a pretty good job man :) Thanks!
((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

Mick.

That's deep. ...and the other day you was chopping themes. lol

Glad to be back and hang with familiar facers too. ...oh and chalkcat, oh boy... lol she rocks!

Colin

PM work can be pretty thank less as it pertains to many internal issues. I do want to say that we all appreciate your efforts and I can assure everyone that Runic is doing a mighty fine job keeping the project going in the right direction. -And for that Runic, thank you.
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

Chalky

Ooh I got a lovely mention!! 

From what I've seen so far, Runic, you're doing a great job.  You're visible, approachable, you're not afraid to get your hands dirty and people have confidence in you.  I'm proud to be a part of SMF and looking forward to the future  :)

kat

You've been visible, Bry. Good ThingTM.

Pain in the bloody arse, at times, too, obviously. (Got to stick to what you're good at, after all) ;)

But, thus far, you've been a pleasure to work with (Mostly).

Now, stop blowing your own trumpet and get some bloody work done!

Students, ay? ;)

Deaks

cheers lads and lass,

K@ I am getting work done, ill start in 8hours :P
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Acans

Quote from: Runic on May 11, 2013, 07:21:44 AM
cheers lads and lass,

K@ I am getting work done, ill start in 8hours :P

I hope you'll be serving Red Bull at that ungodly hour.
"The Book of Arantor, 17:3-5
  And I said unto him, thy database query shalt always be sent by the messenger of $smcFunc
  And $smcFunc shall protect you against injections and evil
  And so it came to pass that mysql_query was declared deprecated and even though he says he is not
  dead yet, the time was soon to come to pass when mysql_query shall be gone and no more

Antes

Quote from: ChalkCat on May 11, 2013, 06:43:11 AM
Ooh I got a lovely mention!! 

LOL :P

you're not afraid to get your hands dirty

No, we all clean we are not doing some drug work... or smoking pot or ... I forgot maybe CoreISP fill the rest I'm too high now :P weew we are selling doing awesome stuff...

Chalky

kat

I want some of what he's had.

I think being spaced-out's the best way to cope with this damned meeting.

sangham.net

4Kstore

¡¡NEW MOD: Sparkles User Names!!!

Advertisement: