Problem With Forum Category Order

Started by Novadrake1111, May 11, 2013, 11:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Novadrake1111

Hello, I just moved my forum to a new dedicated server and I am having a problem with order. Whenever I swap the order of the forums, the General and League 5 LCS categories will not change and are always on top now.

Everything else is working fine but I can't change order of anything.

Please help me ASAP ! :)

Screenshots:

i40.tinypic.com/33ct8p3.png

i39.tinypic.com/34so4li.png

Acans

Huh..

How of interest, are the category's on home page listed as 1,2,3,4 etc?

So if you hover over General Chat, does the url end with c1, than League 5 in c2, etc?
"The Book of Arantor, 17:3-5
  And I said unto him, thy database query shalt always be sent by the messenger of $smcFunc
  And $smcFunc shall protect you against injections and evil
  And so it came to pass that mysql_query was declared deprecated and even though he says he is not
  dead yet, the time was soon to come to pass when mysql_query shall be gone and no more

Acans

Well there goes that theory...

Have you tried moving the category's back to were they appear on the home page?

Also, any errors in the error log?
  And I said unto him, thy database query shalt always be sent by the messenger of $smcFunc
  And so it came to pass that mysql_query was declared deprecated and even though he says he is not
  dead yet, the time was soon to come to pass when mysql_query shall be gone and no more

Novadrake1111

I tried moving them back, nothing happened.

How do I find the error log?

Acans

Novadrake1111

Nothing in the log except some mysql stuff i had problems with when I first transfered and couldn't connect at first.

Acans

After searching I found this old topic.

Can you check it out and see if what emanuele says helps?

Novadrake1111

SET storage_engine=InnoDB;

I did that in the MySQL but it's still glitched.

I also checked in Mysql WorkBench and it's enabled.

Novadrake1111

Just noticed, if I'm logged out along with everyone else, there is no skin. It just uses the default smf skin.

Acans

Forum default must be set to curve. That can be fixed by changing it back to Ice Cube in Theme settings (Admin > Config > Theme > Manage and Install > Overall forum default), and using the reset everyone to setting underneath it.

As for the category's I'm stumped. I would wait another 24 hours for another Team Member to see this topic. We all live in different time zones and hopefully will be able to help with this.

Novadrake1111

YogiBear

This doesn't answer the problem directly but may provide a workaround...

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3293
SMF v2.1.3  Mods : Snow & Garland v1.4,  PHP  v.7.4.33

Novadrake1111

ty yogi, i installed it but still nothing. It doesnt even show up on my forums for some odd reason.

Storman™

If I look at your forum the Cateories are listed as:

Important Information
General Chat
League 5 - Bronze LCS
League5 B2D
Coaching
Scrims!

Is that order right or wrong ?

Novadrake1111

I changed the order by changing the names of the categories and transferring the forums over. But I can not move them around how I like. If I make a new category, it goes in a random area.

YogiBear

Can you post a list of any installed mods, Novadrake? It's just poss one of them is causing this.
SMF v2.1.3  Mods : Snow & Garland v1.4,  PHP  v.7.4.33

Novadrake1111

None are installed at the moment but:

Ajax Board Reordering
cbi1.0
Custom Form Mod
HotBrackets
MenuButtons
Paypal Donate
SMF Arcade

Arantor

So you installed the Ajax Board Reordering mod which lets users reorganise the order of boards... and you have trouble with the ordering of boards?

Novadrake1111

No, I installed that to see if that would work but it did not. The problem happened before that plugin.

Advertisement: