News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Forum Reviews

Started by rd, May 12, 2013, 09:50:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rd

Hey,

So I have a lot of time on my hands currently and I was thinking of providing forum reviews. What this means is that you request a review for your forum and I will then go ahead and write up a well detailed review. Here is a template that I will follow for all my reviews.

Guest's First Impression- This will be a detailed description of my first impression of your site. It will really focus on the overall layout of the forum, the domain name, forum title, board names, etc.

Look and Feel- This will have the overall look of your theme and will mostly be about the theme, color schemes, logos, and banners.

Features and Functionality- This will be on your forum's features such as modification, portal blocks, etc. I will also try to recommend modifications that I believe will be useful to your forum.

Sense of Community- This will look into your forum and see if the members contribute to the discussions that take place. I will also look into post counts and the number of members who take part in discussions.

Overall Impression/Other- I will give it an overall rating out of 10 and will also try to list ways that you can help your forum attract more viewers, gain more posts/discussions, and basically be better overall. I will also try to list things that really don't work in my opinion.

To request a review, just reply to this topic or send me a PM! If your forum needs me to be a member in order to see most of its features and community, please make me a member account and PM me the details.

kat

rd

Quote from: K@ on May 12, 2013, 11:21:04 AM
Why not start HERE?

You mean make a review for the SMF forum?

Mick.

rd

kat

Mick.

Arantor

And while we're at it, you could always review a certain forum about a certain SMF derivative forum software ;)

kat

Arantor

Neither vBulletin nor phpBB are SMF derivatives :P

kat

I know that. :P

I was pissing aboutTM.

Arantor

I just wanted to make sure everyone was on the same page ;)

kat

I'm on the norty page, as ever. :)

TheListener

Theme reviews would be more useful than forum reviews imo.

Arantor

Quote from: Old Fossil on May 12, 2013, 04:07:49 PM
Theme reviews would be more useful than forum reviews imo.

Depends what the forum's about. Just reviewing a theme doesn't tell you anything about the forum. Like with MKComm, the fact you're using Curve Minimal doesn't tell me about whether the content is relevant to the site's niche... or whether everything is so cluttered that I literally have no idea where to start looking for anything.

TheListener

Understandable Arantor lol.

Jeez I need to close a few windows all but 2 are SMF boards sheesh.

rd

Alright, I have a final tomorrow and after that I'm free for the next couple of weeks.

idesign360.com
simplemachines.org/community
arantor's SMF derivative ;)

Arantor

Arantor's and Nao's (technically you always have the straight man first) SMF derivative, if you please ;)

Antes

You can always look at here; I'm sure lot of people will be happy to see comments about their site :)

Arantor

Or not, as some proved only today ;)

Mick.

Ya i think he said user submitted not him searching for forums

rd

I'd do it for the entire showcase but then I realized why bother.. some people might not care, others might not appreciate, and in the end I might just be wasting my time.

So, I decided to only accept user submitted requests.

008Rohit

Let me know what you think about my forum: http://forum.techtage.com

It was using a different domain till January, this year and used to be 'quite' popular with around 200-250 users online (30 mins) at a time. Then the situation kind of degraded without active staff support.
TechTage Forum - Vintage Technology - on MDDHosting - CloudLinux & LiteSpeed Powered - MDDHosting Review

medicMe

PM'd you.

Looking forward to any pointers / input. :)

Advertisement: