News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

can't acces the package manager any more

Started by glennmckenna, April 27, 2013, 10:43:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindred

install.php is a file in the mod [ackage - it probably has the database edit commands.

extract it form the mod package, upload it to the root folder of your forum and navigate to it... (then delete it)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

glennmckenna

Quote from: Kindred on April 28, 2013, 09:12:15 AM
install.php is a file in the mod [ackage - it probably has the database edit commands.

extract it form the mod package, upload it to the root folder of your forum and navigate to it... (then delete it)
ok so if i've understood correctly exact ever thing the root and the launch the installer.php is that right ?
also there are thrre packages and i'm not to shure on witch i should install, would it be possible for you to tell me witch ones i need to install for it to look like the second image out of the three i would also like the administration part to be installed

Kindred

ummm... no.

you do not extract the entire thing to the root.   just install.php
You may have to extract other files (like new templates or new sources) to the Sources or Themes/default directories

as for which  version...  usually the one with the largest number
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

glennmckenna

Quote from: Kindred on April 28, 2013, 10:06:48 AM
ummm... no.

you do not extract the entire thing to the root.   just install.php
You may have to extract other files (like new templates or new sources) to the Sources or Themes/default directories

as for which  version...  usually the one with the largest number
it doesn't seem to of installed I've followed what you to me to do but i got no signes of it any were!
if you could help tat would be great
(i must be such a pain)

kat

glennmckenna

Quote from: K@ on May 09, 2013, 04:35:32 PM
Did you ever figure this out, Glenn?
well i did have access to the package manager page for a time (enough to install the mod to find out that there is an error with it :D) but then i lost access to it again
soo just having, well i guess a face off with 000webhost a trying to prove the idiots wrong but they won't listen
but thanks for listening

kat

Sadly, as you're learning, 000 aren't the best. Pity there aren't accurate reviews around, on the ol' web, innit? :(

Good luck, with them.

glennmckenna

Quote from: K@ on May 10, 2013, 04:03:53 PM
Sadly, as you're learning, 000 aren't the best. Pity there aren't accurate reviews around, on the ol' web, innit? :(

Good luck, with them.
just sent them this
Quoteoh really?
one thing tough, i call this a page failing to load due to you cutting my ram down again
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/25511067/whiet-page.jpg
i had this problem this last time when i couldn't access my website either you then changed some settings and it all worked again
and then i got this back
QuoteEvery server has an 8 GB shared memory and it has nothing to do with your website displaying a blank page. The server specifications and settings have not been changed.
but i can now access the page again strange hay ??(not )

kat

The word being "Shared". If you happen to be on a server that's shared with twenty others, say, that RAM's gonna get pretty tight.

I have eight gig of RAM on my home computer.

Chalky

My Go Daddy test site shares a server with over 7,000 others and I paid for that!

Glenn just for a laugh go to http://www.domaintools.com/, plug your domain into the search and see how many you're sharing that 8gb with  ;)

Arantor

Be careful interpreting the figures on that site. It says for me, for example that I'm associated with 81 domains and that my server is associated with about 40 sites except that most of those are actually .org/.net/.com variations of the same name ;)

Chalky

Ok, that isn't as many as I thought it would be.  Still, if you allow for duplicates of the same domain as Arantor said and divide by, say 3 to be generous, because I think most people who are concerned to buy up multiple variations of the same domain will also choose to pay for their hosting, that's still 60 of you sharing 8GB of memory...

For any Go Daddy people watching, here is one of my test sites for comparison http://whois.domaintools.com/sabrinova.com  O:)

Advertisement: