News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Simpleboard to SMF 1.0.x Conversion Script

Started by Kirby, September 21, 2005, 07:14:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirby

Because the other topic got kind of messy, I decided to make a new topic for this.
The following SMF 1.0.x style conversion script will convert you from a Mambo + Simpleboard installation (this script will also convert attachments). Install SMF first, upload it to your SMF directory, then run the script and provide it with the proper settings.

Please report any bugs or share experiences here.

RSM

G'day Kirby ...

I get these two problems (apart from a stats conversion one);

Converting members...
Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /var/www/html/forum/simpleboard_to_smf.php on line 291

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /var/www/html/forum/simpleboard_to_smf.php on line 301

Would appreciate any input. The users are not ported over.

Sorry; should have mentioned: Joomla 1.0.3 and Simpleboard/Joomlaboard 1.1. SMF 1.1RC1.

Kirby

Hi, this isn't working because of Joomla vs. Mambo issues. Please try the attached.

chisler

Hi Kirby,

I tried running your attachment and got the following (Joomlaboard 1.1.1 and SMF 1.1 RC1):

QuoteConverting...
Converting members...
Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/gook/public_html/forums/jsimpleboard_to_smf.php on line 291

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/gook/public_html/forums/jsimpleboard_to_smf.php on line 301
successful.
Converting categories... successful.
Converting boards... successful.
Converting topics... successful.
Converting messages... (this may take some time) successful.
Converting topic notifications... successful.
Converting board access... successful.
Converting smileys... successful.
Converting attachments...
Warning: copy(/home/gook/public_html/components/com_joomlaboard/uploaded/files/Inferno.gaming_vs_Gook_avalanche_allies.jpg) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/gook/public_html/forums/jsimpleboard_to_smf.php on line 1096
Error: Could not copy Inferno.gaming_vs_Gook_avalanche_allies.jpg

Warning: copy(/home/gook/public_html/components/com_joomlaboard/uploaded/images/screenshots.zip) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/gook/public_html/forums/jsimpleboard_to_smf.php on line 1096
Error: Could not copy hxxp:screenshots.zip [nonactive]
successful.
Recalculating forum statistics...
Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/gook/public_html/forums/jsimpleboard_to_smf.php on line 1201

Warning: mysql_free_result(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/gook/public_html/forums/jsimpleboard_to_smf.php on line 1206
successful.

No users are copied to SMF but the forums/messages are OK (without attachments)

Thanks
Chisler

kcdude

I ran the jsimpleboard_to_smf.php on my Joomla 1.0.3 / Joomlaboard 1.1 and SMF 1.1RC1 installation.  I received similar errors.  My SMF members table was empty after this.  It looks like the forum messages are in the SMF tables.  How can I fix the script?

Converting members...
Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /www/a/ahlersnet/ratsnest/htdocs/smf/jsimpleboard_to_smf.php on line 581

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /www/a/ahlersnet/ratsnest/htdocs/smf/jsimpleboard_to_smf.php on line 601
successful.
Warning: copy(/www/a/ahlersnet/ratsnest/htdocs/components/com_simpleboard/uploaded/images/26272.jpg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /www/a/ahlersnet/ratsnest/htdocs/smf/jsimpleboard_to_smf.php on line 2191
Error: Could not copy 26272.jpg
successful.
Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /www/a/ahlersnet/ratsnest/htdocs/smf/jsimpleboard_to_smf.php on line 2401

Warning: mysql_free_result(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /www/a/ahlersnet/ratsnest/htdocs/smf/jsimpleboard_to_smf.php on line 2411
successful.

Kirby

I will investigate this once again, sorry for the inconvinience.

Kirby

kcdude

Hi Kirby,
I used the new script and it looks like the member table got filled.  I'm going to check that things work.  I still got an error in the statistics part, but maybe there's a way to regenerate them manually.  Thanks for your help and the translation script!

(Joomla 1.0.3/Joomlaboard 1.1/SMF 1.1RC1)

Converting members... successful.
Error: Could not copy 26272.jpg
successful.
Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /www/a/ahlersnet/ratsnest/htdocs/smf/jsimpleboard_to_smf.php on line 2401

Warning: mysql_free_result(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /www/a/ahlersnet/ratsnest/htdocs/smf/jsimpleboard_to_smf.php on line 2411
successful.

Kirby

You can always rebuild the statistics from the admin panel. For attachment stats, go to the Attachments and Avatars area, click File Maintenence, and click Recount. For all other stats, go to the Forum Maintenence area, and click Find and repair any errors followed by Recount all forum totals and statistics. At that point you can also optimize your tables for maximum performance.

chanh

Kirby,

When I tried to convert from Simpleboard 1.1.0stable with Mambo 4.5.2.3 using simpleboard_to_smf.php I got the following message after it finishs the conversion.

Is the error none fatal?  Thanks

Converting...
Converting members... successful.
Converting attachments... successful.
Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/opencms/public_html/chanh/mos4522/simpleboard_to_smf.php on line 1201

Warning: mysql_free_result(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/opencms/public_html/chanh/mos4522/simpleboard_to_smf.php on line 1206
successful.
Conversion Complete
Congratulations, the conversion has completed sucessfully. If you have or had any problems with this converter, or need help using SMF, please feel free to look to us for support.
Now that everything is converted over, your SMF installation should have all the posts, boards, and members from the Mambo - Simpleboard installation.

We hope you had a smooth transition,
Simple Machines

Kirby

The error is not fatal :). You can do what that function is supposed to do through the Maintenence section in your admin panel.

thangcodon

Hello,

I am using the "jsimpleboard_to_smf.php" file, and after I execute the php file in my SMF forums dir, I get this messsage:

"Unable to find the settings for Mambo - Simpleboard. Please double check the path and try again."

However, I specified the right location of the joomlaboard dir, and the SMF.  I tried executing the php file from the joomlaboard dir, root, and SMF forums folder with the same result.  CHMODing didn't help.  Can someone help me out?

-thangcodon

Kirby

Copy over Joomla's configuration.php to SMF's directory. Then run the converter and make both paths SMF's directory.

thangcodon

Quote from: Kirby on February 07, 2006, 12:17:16 AM
Copy over Joomla's configuration.php to SMF's directory. Then run the converter and make both paths SMF's directory.

Thank you Kirby!  This solution worked great!  I'm wondering if this might have been the problem for me when trying to convert phpnuke phpbb straight to SMF.  I used a phpNuke to Joomlaboard script, then I used yours.

-thangcodon

turkbee

ı'recieving error message while i'm trying to convert mambo to smf. error message is below;

Sorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of Mambo - Simpleboard. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the MySQL account used does not have permissions to access it.

Path to SMF :   /home/yenisehi/public_html/smf
Path to Mambo - Simpleboard :  /home/yenisehi/public_html/index
SMF Database password: edited out

I uploaded simpleboard_to_smf.php  to   mambo root directory "index"

But i already recieve error message.

Could you please try it for me?

Mambo root:  hxxp:www.yenisehir.com/index [nonactive]
SMF root: hxxp:www.yenisehir.com/smf [nonactive]

Waiting for your reply.

Kirby

Is your Joomla/Mambo database user still there? Are the database settings in the configuration file for Joomla/Mambo correct?

turkbee

My mambo is installed on hxxp:yenisehir.com/index [nonactive] and database is still there. I think there was an error yesterday about mysql but there is no problem now.
I installed smf again and mysql password changed now.

Both mambo and smf paths are as below;
Path to SMF :   /home/yenisehi/public_html/smf
Path to Mambo - Simpleboard :  /home/yenisehi/public_html/index
Password: I sent password by personnal message to you.

and converter's way is hxxp:www.yenisehir.com/index/jsimpleboard_to_smf.php [nonactive]

Kirby

Hi,

Did you try moving configuration.php to the SMF folder and then giving both paths as the SMF folder's path?

turkbee

Yes I moved configuration.php of mambo to SMF folder then I gave both paths as /home/yenisehi/public_html/smf but result is same.

Kirby

Advertisement: