News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

8: Undefined index: cols

Started by searchgr, May 16, 2013, 11:35:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

searchgr

Can you help me with this error? It happens when i visit the 'Modifications Settings' in the Administration Center.

http://www.******.net/index.php?action=admin;area=modsettings;df92ef14=8c2ac35425d1d7737041a9db4a1018a8
8: Undefined index: cols
File: /home/*****/public_html/Themes/default/Admin.template.php
Line: 930

Colin

Did you uninstall a mod that returned errors during the uninstall process?
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

searchgr

Colin

Would you mind sharing your solution?
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

searchgr

A friend of mine did the job. I don't know programming.

As i see he modified the Admin.template.php as follows:

Find:
<textarea rows="', ($config_var['size'] ? $config_var['size'] : 4), '" cols="',($config_var['cols'] ? $config_var['cols'] : 30),'" ', $javascript, $disabled, ' name="', $config_var['name'], '" id="', $config_var['name'], '">', $config_var['value'], '</textarea>';

Replace
<textarea rows="', ($config_var['size'] ? $config_var['size'] : 4), '" cols="',(isset($config_var['cols']) ? $config_var['cols'] : 30),'" ', $javascript, $disabled, ' name="', $config_var['name'], '" id="', $config_var['name'], '">', $config_var['value'], '</textarea>';

and also added (not sure if its related to this problem) the following code to alerts.php

if (isset($_GET['scheduled']) && isset($_GET['ts']) && $_GET['scheduled'] == 'task')
return;

Colin

Much appreciated. Thanks for that.

Colin

GL700Wing

Thanks 'searchgr' for posting this solution - I just discovered (and fixed) the same problem in Admin.template.php (couldn't find alerts.php on my forum).
Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful ...

Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

searchgr

Alerts.php is a file of the 'Alerts' mod and as i see is not related to the a/m problem.

Tanakino

Thanks a lot, I used the trick too .

T.

Matthew K.

!empty(); would be a slightly better approach than isset();, but still.

searchgr

Cola-Coca

Thank you "searchgr", you helped me solved my problem.

Best regards.
I LOVE SMF

searchgr

Advertisement: