News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

New email alert post?

Started by cotty, May 19, 2013, 11:43:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cotty

Hi all.

I have got a contact page mod setup on the forum. What I really want is instead of someone have to check the email account every day that the contact page goes to, is there a way to make it alert the mods when there is a new email so they can act on it? Either by thread in mod section or posting email content into a new thread in the mod section??

Thanks

Btw im running smf 2.0.4 if it makes any difference

Colin

Howdy,

I can't help you too much without knowing exactly what mod you are referring to. Would you mind providing a link?
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

cotty

Quote from: Colin on May 20, 2013, 12:43:29 AM
Howdy,

I can't help you too much without knowing exactly what mod you are referring to. Would you mind providing a link?

Thanks,

This is the mod ive got installed

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=377

TheListener

Cotty please use the mods support topic as this is mod related.

As it happens the contact page doesn't do what you are asking.

The contact page is for people to contact a certain person ie the forums admin.

Shambles

I made a very small change to Contact.php to copy the message details into a newly created post in my moderators zone. It is a very small change which I can share in the mods support topic (which I do seem to remember doing last year but it seems to have been removed).

cotty

Quote from: Shambles on May 23, 2013, 04:15:47 AM
I made a very small change to Contact.php to copy the message details into a newly created post in my moderators zone. It is a very small change which I can share in the mods support topic (which I do seem to remember doing last year but it seems to have been removed).

Thanks, ill post in that thread, could you please post it there. Thanks

Advertisement: